Search results

1. E

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Thanks and yes, I need to be thorough about this. I can take the speakers elsewhere but in my office it's hard to maneuver. I can swap in different speakers. Will start a spreadsheet for myself with notes. The one I don't think I can test easily is the PSU for the A07 - if it needs replacement...
  2. E

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Non-scientific question - my speakers (Paradigm Micros) connected to my A07 sound fatiguing and distant - not pleasant the way I want my office system to sound when I need a work accompaniment or distraction. Picked it up at the reco of this thread and just dawning on me that I don't enjoy the...
  3. E

Amp opinions please... I have a little dilemma...

Only with Spotify. 256kb aac is the max. Probably not perceptible to human ears. But something in my system wasn't great... CCA was a bit easier to blame than my speakers. So of course I changed the speakers and kept the CCA :) Bummer about the older H-K's. I had one in the 90s that was great...
  4. E

@sideways2 makes sense on CCA... I'm still using it. It's easy. By non-vintage a receiver from the era you skipped. It's kind of luck of the draw on your local used site. I'd go that route if budget is the factor and you have the space for the box. You could probably find a NAD, H-K (pre-merger)...
  5. E

Perhaps not a helpful comment for you, but there are a number of threads on the interwebs about the CCA not necessarily passing a high quality Spotify feed. The only reason I know is I went down that rabbit hole when my Spotify --> CCA didn't sound amazing. At the moment it's perfectly adequate...
  6. E

How possible to do a SMPS amp with 1000mhz (1ghz)?

Thanks for the detailed reply. So I’ve read that a few times now, mind boggled and I think the answer is No. If I’ve gotten the answer wrong please chime in :)
  7. E

How possible to do a SMPS amp with 1000mhz (1ghz)?

Possibly an incredibly dumb question on these finsix dart chargers; but it did inspire me to register as I've been lurking and considering a class D amp purchase for my office to plug in some old speakers. But of course got hung up on whether I had a compatible power supply on hand instead of...
Top Bottom