Search results

1. J

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

After reading the TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero:RED review and thinking to myself that I should get at least one pair of IEM (even though I mostly listen with speakers and subs for the soundstage and tactile experience). I almost fell into the 'buy now and think later' mentality with the Zero Reds...
  2. J

KEF LS50 Wireless II for $600 USD - Would I be insane to pass on it?

Hi everyone! I did not think I was in the market and looking for speakers but I came across someone who is selling a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless II speakers for $600 USD and I am wondering if the price is too good to pass up? I have speakers already for my home theater but I certainly could get...
  3. J

Pi in the sky? Can a Raspberry Pi do everything that I am hoping for? Remote Spotify streamer with EQ +/- FIR and what about a DAC?

Hello all, After looking around on numerous threads I have been lead down the rabbit hole of considering a Raspberry Pi for streaming music. Current setup: Laptop with Equalizer APO (with my room EQ profile) running Spotify (usually controlled via my phone) --> Amp --> Speakers / subs Here...
  4. J

Best "bang for your buck" in ear bluetooth headphones?

I watched the video of Dr. Sean Olive on Audioholics discuss various headphone measurements and their perception/preference. Anyways, does anyone know if there is a thread discussing the best measuring in ear headphones vs price? In the video he showed this figure which I though was pretty...
  5. J

Thoughts on Audioholics discussion on "Improving Loudspeaker Specifications Standards for Consumers"

Audioholics has posted a video of their livestream discussion on "Improving Loudspeaker Specifications Standards for Consumers" I am curious what people think of the discussion. I have not listened to the whole discussion yet, but skimming though some sections I had some thoughts. 1) Curious...
  6. J

Combining measurement methods to get a more accurate EQ - MMM + Gated Nearfield + Klippel Measurements

I posted this on the HTM-12v2 thread, but thought it was an interesting enough concept that people might want to do it with other speakers and thus I am posting the info here as well. I had a fun little project today and wanted to add a layer of active EQ to my HTM-12v2 and wanted to compare...
  7. J

Royal EQ Rumble! Objective measurements of Dirac vs Audyssey vs REW+EAPO vs Nothing

I have always been interested in comparing the results of equalizing my speakers using REW, Audyssey, and Dirac and taking objective measurements for the comparison. I am not someone who is a validated trained listener, but I will also give a brief subjective opinion. First off, my setup is as...
  8. J

Any utility in manually adjusting Audyssey MultEQ? Do you think my frequency response improved?

I have an older Marantz SR7002 which has Audyssey Multi EQ built in. Using the generic mic and auto calculated filters and then comparing it with REW and my UMIK-1 it gives me horrendous corrections in areas that certainly do not need correction. It looks like this is quite an old version of...
  9. J

Psychological biases and audio - A call for more science.... and more individualism?!?

Double blind wine tasting (and the impact of the bottle)? Coke vs Pepsi and functional MRIs? Very interesting topics to read about that highlight the complexities of human perceptions and all the factors that influence it. I have read a lot of behavioral economics and psychology books...
  10. J

Deep dive: Questions after reading Toole and Geddes for stereo setup.

After reading the books by Toole (Sound Reproduction: The Acoustics and Psychoacoustics of Loudspeakers and Rooms) and Geddes (Premium Home Theater : Design & Construction) I have a few residual questions. It is very likely that I did not comprehended 100% of what I read and that these leftover...
  11. J

What's my weakest link? What's the cheapest way to get >90% 'of the way there'?

I have a Marantz SR7002 receiver that I connect via a semi long 10ft HDMI to my laptop which runs Tidal in "Exclusive mode" for two channel listening. I am just wondering what people think would be the 'weak link' in my setup (I have high sensitivity DIY speakers and two DIY subs set up very...
Top Bottom