Search results

1. J

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

I'm curious if you are talking about general spatial reasoning or if there is an audio-based spatial virtualization test that you can do? As I would be very interested if there was an audio based test, as soundstage and imaging for me are some of the aspects that I enjoy the most about 'hifi'.
  2. J

Update: I got the 7Hz Salnotes Zero and was very impressed! Especially for the price! I caved and bought the Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED and they also are very impressive, especially the low bass! They certainly are a leg up on the 7Hz Salnotes Zero, but that is to be expected for the price...
  3. J

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Day 2

Here are links to a playlist with all the songs that were posted between days 1 and 2 if people find that useful. Youtube Tidal Spotify Edit: Oops, looks like someone beat me to it: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/amirs-2023-pacific-audio-fest-report.45889/post-1639607
  4. J

I just got the 7Hz Salnotes Zero as they are just so cheap and they defiantly did not disappoint! Super happy with them. Now just to see if I will cave and buy the REDs when they come out.
  5. J

7hz Salnotes Zero - the "other" Zero

I was thinking of getting an entry IEM and these as well as the Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED certainly stood out. Anyways I made a poll and a separate thread to see what the general consensus was on the best bang for your buck headphones were if you wanted to vote / chime in.
  6. J

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Very impressive measurements and product! I almost did a 'buy now and think later' with these, but since it would take until mid June to get them I did some searching and it seems like there are tons of great IEM. Anyways, I did not want to derail this review thread with comparisons so I...
  7. J

After reading the TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero:RED review and thinking to myself that I should get at least one pair of IEM (even though I mostly listen with speakers and subs for the soundstage and tactile experience). I almost fell into the 'buy now and think later' mentality with the Zero Reds...
  8. J

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

Late to this thread but amazing work! I very much appreciate this list and will PM you.
  9. J

Understanding Amplifier Measurements (Video)

Amazing videos that you have been releasing recently! If we can't reliably trust the manufacturers reported power output for amps nor can we trust the manufacturers reported speaker sensitivity (let alone impedance) is there a rough rule of thumb now much reported "power" to look for in an amp...
  10. J

MMM method and website by Jean-Luc Ohl

I think the filters would work with EAPO. Or at least that's what I was intending on using. I have wanted to try this system out for a while but never found the time. Likely will try it out later this week. When it says to make a recording of the sound files is there any specific recording...
  11. J

Room correction - Linux

That is really too bad that he did not want DRC-fir to get a GUI or more widespread use as it does seem very powerful. I followed this thread that had amazing scripts for running DRC-fir and was actually quite good and efficient at making filters but also generating predicted responses that you...
  12. J

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

FWIW: Equalizer APO + Peace with a mic (Umik-1or2) and REW has for sure been the best audio investment I have ever made... And the only thing you have to pay for is the mic! Amazing!
  13. J

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

Does anyone know of a free macOS option that can do parametric EQ (and ideally import from a text file generated from REW) like Equalizer APO? I have heard that SoundSource can do this, but it costs $41USD. I found that BlackHole and AUNBandEQ can be used as per this guide or this post and are...
  14. J

KEF LS50 Wireless II for $600 USD - Would I be insane to pass on it?

Yeah its looking more and more like a scam (it started off very promising, hence why I posted on here). Thanks for the advice and info though. Will let you know if it magically turns a 180, but looking to be fake.
  15. J

Yeah that's what I am thinking. Unless it is his wife selling it for what she thinks he bought it for. Ill go ahead and keep you all posted. Fingers crossed (although skeptical)!
  16. J

Hi everyone! I did not think I was in the market and looking for speakers but I came across someone who is selling a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless II speakers for $600 USD and I am wondering if the price is too good to pass up? I have speakers already for my home theater but I certainly could get...
  17. J

MMM method and website by Jean-Luc Ohl

That is very high praise! Ok I really need to give this a try. I lent out my UMIK to someone but will get it back in a few weeks and then I will commit to giving it a try. Looking forward to it.
  18. J

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Skimmed through this thread and the one on the 2x4HD and just wanting to confirm my suspicion that the 2x4HD is still good enough (and best bang for the buck) if your just doing subwoofer eq /integration and then flex is best if you need the dac component or added features of the screen or...
  19. J

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

Now that the minidsp Flex is out and has a much better DAC but is a bit more expensive my understanding is that the HD is still good (and best bang for the buck) if your just doing subwoofer eq /integration and then flex if your needed the dac component or Bluetooth or Dirac etc?
  20. J

Thoughts on PS Audio aspen FR30 Loudspeaker? Maybe review?

Don't discourage him, we want these things measured ;) 230lbs is nothing, you got this! (ok... fine... you probably will need lots of help, as yes you don't want to blow out your back)
Top Bottom