Search results

1. M

How can I rip the Eagles - Hell Freezes Over DVD to lossless audio tracks?

Okay, not sure about the MLP files. But in DVDAE when looking at the Eagles DVD, I get three different options for audio from the disc: LPC, AC3 and DTS. You only get DTS?
  2. M

I'm pretty sure, that I'm not understanding your question correctly :cool: But if you mean, that you have used DVDAE to extract to FLAC-files with only stereo content, then I guess there are two possibilities: 1: You chose the PCM title in DVDAE at the first page of the wizard? 2: You chose the...
  3. M

Yes to MP2, but the DVD's audio is in PCM or DTS 5.1. Actually, when loading the DVD, it asks me, if I want to use the PCM-audio on the disk or the DTS 5.1. This screenshot is VLC's codec-info on the MKV-file I made from the DVD using MakeMKV. For the audio, I chose Passthrough, so that it is...
  4. M

Thanks everyone! DVDAE works like a charm! Looking forward to listening to the results. @sritacco I can select the DTS 5.1 and export to FLAC too, if you want to try that out :)
  5. M

Hey everyone, Thank you for your replies! Sorry for the late response. For some reason I didn't get email notification about the replies, so I thought my thread was dead on arrival :facepalm: First a disclaimer: I'm not trying to rip Don Henley off, just rip the DVD's audio :p I have purchased...
  6. M

Hello there, I own both the original DVD and the original CD of Eagles - Hell Freezes Over. However, it is being said, that the audio on the DVD of that release is of higher quality than, what is on the CD. So, for comparison I would like to rip the audio from the DVD to a lossless format...
  7. M

Another MQA thread ;)

I don't know honestly. It's not listed in Tidal as "Remastered", but it does have the "Masters" logo. But it seems to be very likely, that my CD and the Tidal version are two different masterings, and that is the primary explanation for the difference.
  8. M

Another MQA thread ;)

You're absolutely right! That's also why I personally suggested four different explations to my (very subjective) experience. And I also missed a fifth explanation, noted by @Blumlein 88 : Sound levels. It definitely makes sense, both that my CD might be dynamic compressed, and also that Tidal...
  9. M

Another MQA thread ;)

Thanks, Blumlein 88! Those are both very likely explanations! Before I wrote the post, I was leaning mostly towards Tidal having a better mastering. But you are right: There was a notable volume level difference between the two, that I tried to adjust for manually. So no doubt, there would...
  10. M

Another MQA thread ;)

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum as a member, but have read threads in this forum many times before with great interest! I can see, that the guys here are WAY above my level, so I hope you will forgive me for sounding like the amateur, I am :) My question below is about MQA quality. If you...
Top Bottom