Search results

1. linger63

Gustard R26 R2R DAC with roon

Don't forget the superb X26 Pro........... https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/gustard-x26-pro-full-decoding-es9038pro-2-chip-dsd512-bluetooth-5-0-xoms-xu216-high-performance-audio-decoder?_pos=8&_sid=a4fddefac&_ss=r
  2. linger63

I tried a Denafrips ARES II R2R DAC and found it dull and foggy. Who knows!!!!:)
  3. linger63

Please Help Me for a good set up

Why not look at a matching center from Martin Logan?
  4. linger63

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

They don't have the same filters. Gustard X26 Pro PCM Filter: 3 positions: Vivid, Gentle or Composite. Gustard bypassed the stock ESS filters and developed their own with the help of a hardware DSP by Analog Devices. Gentle will have a slight roll-off in the treble, Vivid will be more extended...
  5. linger63

Topping D10B upgrade to D90SE or going a different route. Is it worth it?

It shouldn't matter if YOUR FRIEND is from NASA....;) It's YOUR system in YOUR house which YOU will be listening to. YOU already said the sound is great so then why do anything?:cool:
  6. linger63

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

May be of interest......... See Post #1678 here...........https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/furutech-ncf-clear-line-ac-conditioner.1108097/page-68#post-31312315
  7. linger63

DAC + AMP separates for future upgrades? (2.0 -> 5.1)

You don't need passthrough........it does simplify things a bit but you can still use your NAD M33 in combination with an AVR. Don't understand the "delay, relays" forum talk at all. The AVR will need to have Main Pre Outs though. If it has then you simply connect your NAD to the AVR's pre...
  8. linger63

Love my X26Pro. Why not try one of those?................and also the new A26 with AKM chips as well.
  9. linger63

Benchmark LA4 vs Topping Pre90 - Listening impression

For anyone interested. I am using a Gustard X26Pro DAC with an XLR output impedance of 100 ohms connected to my Topping Pre90. This gives me an impedance ratio of 20:1 I am very happy with the result. I believe you need to have at least a 10:1 ratio.
  10. linger63

That's the exact one I have . Note.........I am in Australia and we have 230v
  11. linger63

The Kanex uses a 5V wallwart
  12. linger63

Study: Is I²S interface better for DACs than S/PDIF or USB?

My recommendation is to listen via HDMI as SPDIF Coax has less bandwidth. This will ensure playback of any hi rez files and also facilitates SACD (DSD) should you so desire.
  13. linger63

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

As the base model Holo May is already around 4x the price of the Gustard you would hope it would offer a better experience of some kind!!!!!!! As you also prefer it to the (even more expensive) Weiss maybe it's R2R ladder design is just your preferred sound presentation. Might be worth having a...
  14. linger63

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

Don't believe so. I just set vol to max.
  15. linger63

I guess they thought............."well everyone on ASR hates MQA anyway"!!!!
  16. linger63

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Agreed and FWIW......... XLR input 2K ohms RCA input 10K ohms
  17. linger63

Older Onkyo vs new Onkyo or other receiver - sound quality

There will be HUGE differences in sound with an equivalent current model...........even more so higher up. In the 22 years following your model there is now much better DSP for a start........(just like how PC processors have improved) Add room EQ and superior Bass management plus the benefits...
  18. linger63

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/furutech-ncf-clear-line-ac-conditioner.1108097/ https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/furutech-ncf-clear-line-ac-conditioner-owners-your-results.1126628/
  19. linger63

What does it matter if there is. Any sinad measurements superior to the Topping D90SE will be inaudible anyway. The "best" DAC should always be the one YOU can afford that has all the features YOU want and matches up well with the rest of YOUR gear.
  20. linger63

Your (bolded) assumption re digital volume seems correct to me. Can't help you with adjusting iphone vol level though. If you can't totally disable it maybe you could at least run it at max to avoid more loss. Good luck
Top Bottom