Search results

1. andivax

Peter Gabriel's 2023 album "I/O"

Ahhh. It's interesting. But album sounds not very loud and that overcompressed sound is definitely not mastering but mixing stage. It can be matter of taste or poor hearing of Peter (it's common problem of almost all touring musicians I've worked with) + his age (also causing hearing...
  2. andivax

Peter Gabriel's 2023 album "I/O"

Very interesting album in terms of mixing and Gabriel's Legacy. I love So album, it's kind of a reference to me. I/O sounds very much like Gabriel ) but also kind of like "demo" record. It's hard to say which "Side" is the best, Dark or Bright. Both are not ideal and contains mixing mistakes...
  3. andivax

Otari MX-5050 Review (Reel to Reel Tape Deck)

Thank you for the detailed report! The harmonics looks amazing! 2nd + loud 3rd. Perfect duo!
  4. andivax

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

I have told about new MK2 SERIES
  5. andivax

I have topping l50 and tried Aune S7 Pro as headphones amp with RME UFX II. Disappointed with the quality in comparison with Headphones Amp of UFX II. 7/10
  6. andivax

Thank you very much for your support! I have tested small Motu Micro and big 8XX series. Small was ok but I was not in love with big 8XX interface in comparison with RME FireFace 800. You should try UAD or even RME. PS On Ukrainian "thank you" is "djakuyu" )))))
  7. andivax

my friends reported problems with Audient HP outputs when using with planar headphones. Different Audient models, same problem. So be careful.
  8. andivax

Let's stop calling Class D amplifiers "efficient" when they are not.

I am using Class D amplifiers all my life, in active speakers. At this moment is is Adam S3H mid fields. It's enough for me to mix/record/master and vynil re-master.
  9. andivax

Audeze LCD-XC Review (Closed-back Headphone)

In theory you can install Pro-Q 3 demo and manually copy/paste all parameters to EQAPO.
  10. andivax

Thank you! I have compared the sound of LCD-X with my Adam S3H, so it is logical that you like it )) Some measurements on Oratory sounds weird. Might be error while measuring (wrong distance, angle or pressure) or even very different copy of device. And of course you should fine-tune my profile...
  11. andivax

sorry, I don't use EqualizerAPO.
  12. andivax

For CLOSED BACK cans LCD-XC is GREAT. Without EQ it has very pronounced colouring on mids. But it is CLOSED BACKS so if you need to produce or mix or even listen to your favourite music - it is the way (and the only way, because it bleeds 4 times less audio in comparison with open backs like...
  13. andivax

I LOVE LCD-X. For me it's even better than MM-500, both with and without EQ. It has very INSPIRING sound when you produce or mix. Here is my correction EQ curve for FabFilter Pro-Q3 and Audeze profiles for dSoniq Reakpohones (MM-500, LCD-2, LCD-X, LCD-XC). Well done, Audeze!
  14. andivax

Avantone CLA-10 (Yamaha NS-10M Clone) Review

Thank you very much for this review, Amir! If you will consider NS-10 as SHIT CONTROL for mixing you will love it. The problem is 99% of people here want linear sound or Harman Curve. In case of NS-10 it's impossible. It's like desire of ideal sound from Smartphone speaker. The review is...
  15. andivax

KOSS Porta Pro Review (On-ear Headphone)

without EQ it is the best cheap cans you can buy for bass heavy music or metal. I've used it for years in GYM and on Bike. Now I am user of Marshall Mid ANC and Model 4 and you know, I still miss Koss Porta pro! )) It has very colourfull sound. Very inspiring )
  16. andivax

Audeze MM-500

FabFilter Pro-Q 3 preset for Audeze MM-500 (Harman curve)
  17. andivax

Audeze MM-500

And I am sitting now and listening MM-500 ))) Well, to my taste it is very much like HD-600/650 + extended bass + a little bit annoying high mids in rock/metal tracks. If you are on RME UFX II with poort 3 band EQ, then you can use these settings to make it closer to the Harman curve. Gain 5 Q...
  18. andivax

Audio Interface + Topping E50/L50

RME UFX II headphones output sounds much better than Topping L50. Balanced connection. RME Line Outputs is +24
  19. andivax

Topping E50 / L50 Impressions

My impressions of L50 is not very good. But ATM I have an experience with L50 connected with balanced cables from RME UFX II. In UFX II all was perfect except some planar headphones began to distort the sound when I increase headphones output gain. So I've got L50 and after comparing...
  20. andivax

Audeze MM-500

Thank you, Reza! 7 dB low boost is very much! I am using 6 dB boost on my Verum Audio. Did you had a chance to compare MM-500 vs Verum?
Top Bottom