Search results

1. T

Hitmaker crossover layout.

Does anyone have a finished layout for Paul Carmodys hitmakers? I just built a set of classix ii as well, I was able to find a crossover layout so it was really simple. I’m building these for Father’s Day for my Dad, any help would be appreciated.
  2. T

Output voltage and signal to noise ratio

I bought a DAC that is only rated at 1.1 v output from the RCA instead of 2V output. Other than having to turn the volume up more on my integrated amp does the lower voltage affect the signal to noise ratio since I have to turn the amp up more?
  3. T

DIY Speakers vs Commercial Heavy Hitters

Hi Guys, im looking for a set of speakers for my mother in law to pair with a cheap used receiver. I have two Tymphany BC25TG15-05 tweeters new in the box from a project a while ago i never started. I was planning on building some of paul carmod'ys classix II speakers with the tweeters i...
  4. T

DAC with two outputs?

Hi Guys, im looking for a DAC with two outputs that i can manage separately in windows. Specifically im trying to isolate a subwoofer from the mains so i can apply a high pass crossover to the mains. Im currently using REW and equalizer APO with a -8db shelf filter at 80hz, than turning up the...
  5. T

Best bookshelf speakers for 3D/Holographic imaging

Hi Guys, im looking for a pair of bookshelves that in your opinion offer up great 3 dimensional or holographic imaging, so basically where sounds are placed in front of the speakers, behind the speakers and the sides. Im not just talking about a phantom center channel in the soundstage which i...
  6. T

1st order crossover phase question

I have a pair of Q150's and i want to use a 1st order crossover (HPF) around 90hz since im integrated a subwoofer and i want to minimize driver excursion. Installing a 220uf 50v capacitor inline on the positive wire of each speaker which will yeild a -6DB per octave reduction. From what i...
Top Bottom