Search results

1. T

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

Just got the blue (which looks more grey) BT20A Pro with the orange knob. Im extremely satisfied, also glad I went with a Class D as my onkyo receiver was getting some interference from my computer. Running the hitmakers off these with the 48VDC, it sounds beautiful with just enough headroom...
  2. T

So I decided to pull the trigger on this amp to drive my PC hitmakers, I bought it last week and Fosi has not sent me an order confirmation or anything, my card is charged aswell. Im going to try their online chat later this evening which correlates with their published Bussiness hours.
  3. T

Hitmaker crossover layout.

It's what I had, it works well and looks better than pegboard IMO. I just do everything on the surface since the circuits are pretty simple. I know that the hitmakers are designed for near field use, is there any reason that you can't use them further away? I only ask as I've seen people compare...
  4. T

Finished the build guys, they sound spectacular, they are better than the Q150's I had. Also I compared the classix II I built and I prefer its sound over the Q100's in my living room. The classix II have a certain dynamic quality, with drum kicks and flamenco golpes. The Hitmakers pull a...
  5. T

Found this online and compared it to the schematic. It worked well on both crossovers, almost done the speakers. I also used lexan cut into 4x6 pieces. Hot glue on everything, then drill out holes for zip ties on the inductors. Sorry but $20 USD for each board plus shipping to Canada is just too...
  6. T

yeah this actually helps, I won't buy them as they are expensive for what they are but I use the images to help, thanks.
  7. T

Yes but I have no idea what im doing as far as the layout is concerned.
  8. T

Does anyone have a finished layout for Paul Carmodys hitmakers? I just built a set of classix ii as well, I was able to find a crossover layout so it was really simple. I’m building these for Father’s Day for my Dad, any help would be appreciated.
  9. T

Everyone thinks wattage is the best, when the reality is the difference in sound is marginal. If you want loud speakers wattage is not the answer, unless you plan to throw thousands of watts at it. Your speakers have a sensitivity of 88, 50 Watts will get them to 105DB, 100 watts gets them to...
  10. T

So wants the difference between the the BT20A Pro and the TB10D, they use the same chips?
  11. T

Building a set of hitmakers, they are not sensitive as everyone is aware, though I dont routinely listen to 100DB levels of music at my desk. Would anyone pair this Fosi with the the Hitmakers which as sensitivity of ~80DB. Also it seems the BT20A Pro fairs alot better than the TB10 which is...
  12. T

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

The arias look more classy and elegant, the chorus look more contemporary in my opinion. Has anyone measured the directive and horizontal dispersion between the two?
  13. T

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

I use the klipsch synergy sub-100, after REW I’m pretty happy with it. Not it’s not an $800 SVS but it has decent distortion specs and once I dialed in the room placement and correction with REW the sub also disappeared, I can’t localize it’s sound at all.
  14. T

Best bookshelf speakers for 3D/Holographic imaging

I absolutely love them and would purchase them again if they were cheaper for the bedroom or living room. There is the Chora aswell but they are not cheaper even though they should be. Considering as the living room speakers are mounted high up on the ceiling almost against the rear wall due to...
  15. T

Nope i bought the Focal Aria 906 for the listening room, and have not regretted every penny spent on them. I've been using them ever night to unwind before bed downstairs. I have alot of speakers aswell that i just realized; paradigm Monitor Se 6000 for with matching surrounds and center for the...
  16. T

Sounds like someone insn't happy with their stereo performance haha. Some of the crazy things i've heard when it comes to audio you cant blame me for being so gullible, lol. Things like spending thousands on cables for example and solid gold bananas connectors, its no less crazy than your...
  17. T

Nope basically just the GST and a ~$20 clearance fee from fedex. You might pay PST aswell depending on which province you are from. Just make sure you ask them to shrink wrap the box because it will be treated like a football on game night.
  18. T

Output voltage and signal to noise ratio

Alright problem solved, i moved the Sanskrit s10 into the listening room, i wasn't using the full 2.2V output anyways as it was clipping my headphone amp at full volume. I lost bass management of course but using the xonar with 80hz crossover on the mains vs running full signal with a -10DB...
  19. T

Output voltage and signal to noise ratio

"Setting your main volume in the player app seems cumbersome when you've got both a soundcard and an integrated amp with volume dials on them, just saying. As long as you're steering clear of 0 dBFS to some degree, in-player volume control and Windows volume control should be pretty much...
Top Bottom