Search results

1. T

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

The Zero 2 have the right bass and the zing is gone from the highs - but I found I missed some of it. The 2 sounds better EQ’d to get some of those highs back. The 1 is just about perfect for me on most recordings but yes, a few recordings get shrill. I use Iphone so no EQ on the 1, use...
  2. T

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Amir says the Zero 2 is better when both are EQ’d. Without EQ he preferred the Zero. I bought both and found the same.
  3. T

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

Got these and the 2. 2 is more comfortable, both from softer cable on back of ear and outer ear pressure from case. Best part of both is clarity and separation of every sound and the bass quality. Trying to decide which I prefer, whether I miss the brighter sound of these vs the comfort of...
  4. T

Some inconvenient stories about Spotify

There is no solution but for everyone - not a tiny minority of people - to own the means of production. This will not happen in our lifetime. Eventually contradictions in capitalism will become unsustainable. The contradiction in this case is that one cannot flourish on on one’s own labor...
  5. T

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

I’ve played with Amir’s eq in Windows and with Apple’s accessibility options with mine. (I was fine with the stock sound.). Interestingly, for me, the settings do indeed improve overall sound and “space”, but at the cost of fatigue. I wonder if they found the higher freq dips to give a more...
  6. T

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

Subjectively, these are great sounding headphones. Very clear to me. Better than my Sony 1000mk3. I prefer corded planars, but these are right up there with them, and the best BT that I’ve heard. Heavy I guess, but I can wear them longer than I can the Sundara. The headband is the best I’ve...
  7. T

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Any idea how I can for sure get the new version when ordering?
  8. T

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

sounds like more bass and “warmer” treble. I wonder how to make sure you get v2 when purchasing
  9. T

Low-frequency Hum in my house.

My home has this and it’s from a rooftop exhaust fan on a restaurant a block away. Drives me nuts.
  10. T

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Even the new, unopened box ones are a bit of a risk, lol. As long as you can exchange for free, the sound is worth the hassle.
  11. T

Fiio Q5s Portable DAC & THX Headphone Amp Review

No worries. I’m not sure measurements bear out that statement that the NX4 is “cleaner over all”. In fact 89 vs 69 THD+N indicates otherwise. But I agree the NX4 has more power. EDIT : JohnYang’s NX4 at its best numbers below are impressive and deserve a second look. Either product will...
  12. T

Someone asked for recommendations to drive inefficient headphones and I gave mine as an alternative to the NX4. It’s a good product and should be considered if looking for a portable dac/amp. If you work for Topping, I didn’t mean to offend you. I have and enjoy a Topping D30 myself!
  13. T

89 vs 69 THD+N Is nothing to sneeze at even if you don’t hear it. That’s why we’re here, right? Measures better, costs less in the US, is Apple certified, has enough power for the 400i. Like I said, I made my choice and am happy with it.
  14. T

Also, I remember that Amir did in fact go back and measure balanced and found it had double the power:
  15. T

Agree to disagree. It’s clear the Fiio using balanced is cheaper and measures better. You can buy whichever you prefer.
  16. T

The of the NX4 price is more than the Fiio+balanced cables on Amazon. Amir’s comparison wasn’t fair really: Amir did not test the Fiio’s balanced ability! Balanced power on the Q1mk2 is way higher and what it’s designed for. A big omission in testing. I use the Fiio for my 400i headphones...
  17. T

Fiio Q1mk11 with balanced cables. Comes to same price as nx4 with slightly better measurements and is Apple certified.
  18. T

Looking for an IEM that benefits from amping

I’m really happy with the Final e5000 Great sound straight from iPhone and slightly better with Atom amping and they’ve lasted me over a year now with no issues.
Top Bottom