Search results

1. G

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Hello, Yes, have tried holding the M/D switch, not much if any difference at all. Sensitivity slightly changes, but the action of the meters is still barely moving.
  2. G

Morning, Yep, unit is pretty, nicely well built, and good eye candy. But shouldn't have take much more to make it work better. IMHO. Still like it, just not as good as it could have been.
  3. G

Hello, Purchased one of these and seems that while the ad says that they work with pretty much all amps, doesn't work well with my Hypex NC400 amp. Not enough sensitivity. Guessing the extremely low output resistance of this amp may have something to do with it. Tried two of these and same...
  4. G

Music For Testing Bass

Alan Parsons Project albums have some good deep bass. IMHO
  5. G

What the GaN?

Hello, As far as I can remember, GAN devices have the advantage of being able to make class d amps better by with the extra speed you can make the dead time even less than previously. Less distortion to correct for. Otherwise is just slightly more efficient transistor basically.
  6. G

Can I be just nuts?

Only thing that matters at all is if you are enjoying the music. Everything else is frosting.
  7. G

Show us your audio tweaks, mods and extras

Yes. Love using speakon and powercon connectors. So much better (IMHO) that bananas.
  8. G

Show us your audio tweaks, mods and extras

Hello, Parts express.com has a grill frame kit that works pretty well. Have to buy the cloth separately. With some careful work and gluing the cloth in place, looks close to professional. Hint, if the thin cloth that you use is a polyester material, when get done can carefully, don't melt...
  9. G

The once a year POWER CABLE discussion!

Hello there, Got some "new" tech for my power cord. Had it baptized in holy water, twice. Now sounds so much better. :)
  10. G

Does anyone know this error code for topping l70?

Yes, amazing how many computer problems can be fixed by a good cold reboot. Seems they get confused and don't know how to act.
  11. G

Extreme Snake Oil

Yep, like AC electrons care about the direction. Going both directions, so guess it is magic and microdiodes only influence it when going in the bad direction. LOL.
  12. G

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Personally I have a Button above my workbench for a coat or blouse that reads: Instant Human - Just Add Coffee Fits reality well.
  13. G

A Call For Humor!

Organics sounding. Wood and putty. Could use a "brighter" colored wood.
  14. G

A little exploration of the benefits of HDCD

Hello, If the source files were older, they likely were not HDCD quality, but lower quality upsampled to a higher bit rate. Unlikely to make any real difference as you are limited to what info the source files had.
  15. G

Why do they remaster 80's digital recordings in 192/24?

Hello, Agree that if center stage, close up to a good performance and in an great location, that is the ideal. However just going to a live performance guarantees nothing of a great sound. Many locations are far, far from ideal, with background noise and really poor resonances. As well the...
  16. G

Tone control

Sadly, the dislike of tone controls has let to many listening to sub standard music from what they could have had. Quote below from Douglas Self. "Tone-controls cause an audible deterioration even when set to the flat position." This is usually blamed on "phase-shift". At the time of...
  17. G

When did class D start to not suck?

Hello, Personally, I have gone with class D as the efficiency and regard for our environment matter to me. Otherwise I would say go with whatever class amp you like, just get top quality (not price) equipment and you will very likely be happy for a long time. IMHO. ( Cheaply made junk is bad...
  18. G

Video Called "Hear Sound Loss in Speaker Cable"

And don't forget the color of the cable has such an influence on the sound. Red and yellow are quite bright. :)
  19. G

Effect of Cannabis use on hearing

Hello, Agree, moderation is the key to health and enjoying life. Have also found that closing my eyes when listening give pleasant results. Regards, Greg
  20. G

My God, Its Full of Snake Oil

Hello, Sadly these companies make money off selling BS. If only people would stop giving them their cash, they would stop in a heartbeat. But in reality there is "one born every minute" has always been true and this will never stop.
Top Bottom