Search results

1. H

Need recommendation for best 7.2.4 home theater system for around $20000

I have a friend who is decorating his villa and thinking of having a home theater system. My recommendation is buying 3x Neumann kh310+ 4x Neumann Kh120+ 2xneumann Kh810+ 4 random speakers on the ceiling+Marantz 8802a(probably used one)+oppo 205+epson 4010 projector. It’s a litter bit above the...
  2. H

Get the best sound quality in windows using wasapi

I am still confused about the bit-perfect using usbdac in windows. I did some research and it looks like we need to either use asio or wasapi to bypass the windows system volume control. Take foorbar 2000 for example, when I use wasapi output, should I set foorbar volume to 100% and use the usb...
  3. H

Could someone explain the RMAA test?

There's a plenty of RMAA test results in those tech reviews website. Could someone explain to me the difference between RMAA and APX analyzer? What's the limitation of the RMAA test? How accurate is it?
  4. H

What is the surround music and what’s the real difference with the home theater

Hi @amirm, to my knowledge, those av receivers use Dolby and DTS technology to decode the signal so that we could mainly hear the dialogue from the center speaker and the background from the main speakers. When I saw a lot of pro audio interface claim the surround monitoring(for example 5.1), I...
  5. H

Can APX555 serve as a AD/DA?

@amirm Hi, just be curious if your analyzer could actually serves as an AD/DA? If so, it is probably the best in the market,right?
  6. H

Does airplay 2 support high resolution audio?

It’s well known that airplay 1 only supports 16bit/44khz, but I could not find any information about the airplay 2. Does it support 24bit/192khz? Does it support flac? Thanks
  7. H

Apollo x16claims -129dB thd+N

http://media.uaudio.com/support/manuals/v961-3m2bV/Apollo%20x16%20Hardware%20Manual.pdf#page27 It has 133 dB dynamic range and -129dB thd+N which I think there must be somthing wrong here. Ess9038pro ony has -122dB thd +N and I dont think Apx555 could test such a low thd +N. I guess the real...
  8. H

Does the oppo sonica perform the same as oppo 205?

Hi Amirm, I would like to know if the oppo sonica is worth to buy. It does not have the headphone amp, but has the stream option. I don’t know if the dynamic range and thd+n are the same as the oppo 205. If I can’t get any test information about sonica, I will probably buy the 205 plus a...
  9. H

So could I safely say the best dac being tested is the oppo uhd205?

I have gone through all of the reviews now. Am I right? By the way, If I want to get the airplay feature, I have two options:1, use HDMI cable to connect the Apple tv with oppo 205; 2, use the raspberrypi with moode audio system, and connect the oppo 205 with it using usb cable. Which one do...
  10. H

Would you please test the apogee symphony IO 2*2 SE

They claim to be the best AD/DA. Hopefully you can compare it with rme adi 2 pro FS and oppo 205. Thank you very much. By the way, hopefully you could test more AD/DA from professional companies like rme prism sound apogee apollo or focusrite.....
Top Bottom