Search results

1. redstang

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

It's AVR in the US and elsewhere. I wouldn't be concerned about the difference in the performance of the DAC between 3600 and 3700.
  2. redstang

I would say it totally comes down to how much cheaper you can get the 3700 for vs. how important it is for you to a) have the latest model and b) have the new features in the 3800. I have the 3700 and currently don't care about the upgrades the 3800 would give me, so I'm not interested in...
  3. redstang

Geshelli JNOG2 Review (Balanced DAC)

Yep, and pretty much everyone gushes over what great people they are. The whole package (US made, family company, solid products, unique wood case) is why I'm even interested in their dac & amp. I really have no need for another stack - ha. But the urge to put those on my desk keeps nagging at...
  4. redstang

News flash: First " new fundamental technology in audio since the 1970's"

Except there's literally nothing to create, as there's nothing missing.
  5. redstang

News flash: First " new fundamental technology in audio since the 1970's"

When I read the words "fills in the spaces of the PCM digital audio waveform with original musical information" that's almost what my head did. I started reading that statement thinking it was serious and had to do a double WTF and read it again to make sure I had read it right.
  6. redstang

Geshelli Archel3 (Amp +EQ) first look from Florida Expo

Whew, that looks nice but $600 is pretty steep at 3x the price of the 2.5. I was hoping they'd come out with a new Erish that would have both single ended and balanced outputs for maybe an extra few bucks. I see they put a nice big knurled volume knob on there though. Appears they listened to...
  7. redstang

Hey, haven't seen this before. Wasn't trying to be snarky with my lol earlier, but I literally searched a couple times and this never came up or I wouldn't have made my comment. Even so, some shots of assembled units would be better. This is all just fodder for light discussion; it's just one...
  8. redstang

I have the X3700H and I also use Emotiva amps and am therefore also using the receiver in pre-amp mode. I use this site to do comparisons: https://www.zkelectronics.com/compare/denon-avr-x3700h/denon-avr-x3400h/ To me, the only significant difference would be if you are really looking to move...
  9. redstang

Suggest lesser-known good Sci-Fi films

Krull - with Liam Neeson and Robbie Coltrane having bit parts early in their careers. Great flick. Perfect example of a great 80's Fantasy/Sci-fi movie.
  10. redstang

What Is An Audiophile?

Because as a consumer, we can't control any of that other than possibly seeking out the best recordings when purchasing music (whether physically or streaming). Generally the discussion is about electronics and speakers we can purchase. However, you're absolutely correct. No amount of expensive...
  11. redstang

What Is An Audiophile?

Agree because the term Audiophile has come to have a negative connotation for me. Too often it's the case that an audiophile has an irrational sort of a religious faith that believes in the infallibility of human hearing. EVERY debate comes down to the question "but did you listen to it?" If...
  12. redstang

Is Digital Audio Transmission Analog? [video]

I have to think he is deleting any negative comments or even anything that refute his claims because all the comments on there now are 100% positive.
  13. redstang

How can it introduce jitter if the clocking is all done by the DAC? The DAC either has the packet to assemble into the bitstream (which I assume is buffered) or it doesn't.
  14. redstang

So now Hans is suggesting that network switches can introduce jitter. In the intro he talks about how one audiophile switch sounds better than another. Ugh.
  15. redstang

Lol - you think I haven't looked? There aren't labeled pictures of the units in each type of wooden case so you can get a good look.
  16. redstang

Looks great! Which wood is that? Cedar? Because I was thinking of getting the cedar or mahogany. It looks like cherry - which if they had, that would be my choice.
  17. redstang

Why avoid USB? I would probably get it just to have the option, as my primary use would be with a PC. I would choose the AKM; Yeah, probably won't hear a difference, but I have Topping DACs with ESS chips so if I'm getting something different to try, I'd go AKM. On top of being very well...
  18. redstang

Here's a nit pick. I wouldn't mind getting one of these in a wood case but before I spend extra I'd sort of like to see what they ACTUALLY look like. I'd like to know why they couldn't simply just take a picture of a finished case built with each of the wood types instead of that silly 3d case...
  19. redstang

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Ha! Where would we be without "Apple Courage™"? I would have been more forgiving of the loss of the headphone jack if they'd have just been honest and said "it's slightly easier and cheaper to make it waterproof without it, all the kids use Bluetooth, and the average rube can't tell the...
  20. redstang

Danny Richie, GR Research, doesn't recommend a speaker he can't sell an "upgrade" kit for

Yes, but the real value is in reading a few negative reviews to see if there are any well written bad experiences, or at least what the downsides are to a product. If those complaints are significant and consistent, and especially if they contain photos, that carries more weight to me than a 4.5...
Top Bottom