Search results

1. D

Monoprice THX-365IW Review (In-wall Speaker)

Great to see in-wall speakers being reviewed. I am doing a home theater build with 3 in wall speakers (LCR) behind an acoustically transparent screen. Having always been a floor standing speaker guy, would it make sense to get in wall speakers that can be aimed? Toe-in is always a big deal on...
  2. D

Bose TV Speaker Soundbar Review

What a time to be alive. Keep up the excellent work OP! Vizio soundbars have been pretty well regarded, so looking forward to what the data shows. Thanks so much!
  3. D

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Thank you both! Yes, toe-in helped. I had them aimed past the outside of each shoulder. I aimed them a little more towards the main listening position and it bought the vocals forward. Never really experienced that with other speakers before.
  4. D

I am finding that the Elac DFR52's have some recession in the midrange. Seems as if the singer is behind the band on a lot of tracks. Do you notice this with your pair? I am running Audyssey XT32, but have it limited to 200hz and below. I might try running it full range to see if it can...
  5. D

JBL A130 VS Infinity Reference 162

They have free returns if you order direct. You could do a head-to-head comparison and return the loser.
  6. D

Revel F35 Speaker Review

I haven't heard the C25, but I have the RC263 and it is the best center I have heard and I've tried a bunch. SVS Ultra, Klipsch RC-64 III, Elac, etc.
  7. D

What are your thoughts on the DFR52's? In my room, they are some of the best measuring speakers I have had- sound pretty good too. This is with no EQ. Room mode around 150hz or so or else it would be even better.
  8. D

SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker Review

I didn’t find the Ultra center to be that bright. It just sounded small. It seemed narrow as well, like the sound didn’t expand past the speaker width/horizontally.
  9. D

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

Not to get too far off topic, but doesn't Olive/Toole and others not recommend EQ above the transition frequency of about 300-500hz? I noticed that when I run Audyssey XT32 full range, I lose some space and separation. But when I limit it to about 300hz that space and instrument separation...
  10. D

SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker Review

I've auditioned the SVS Ultra center as well as the Infinity RC263. I was surprised at how much better the Infinity sounds.
  11. D

Please share your thoughts on those when you can.
  12. D

Revel F35 Speaker Review

Just looking at how these measure, it would almost seem like the cheaper JBL Stage series measures about as good and for a lot less money. Am I missing something?
  13. D

amir makes splash on reddit

This is exactly the way I see it. Case in point- Elac Uni-Fi 2.0. I go on youtube and there are all these glowing reviews from the usual suspects. I get tempted and order a pair from Crutchfield only to find the treble is shelved. How did these get such glowing reviews, maybe I am just not...
  14. D

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

I have the tower version of this speaker (uni-fi 2.0 UF52) and I am able to recreate the same issue with the Eva Cassidy track. These are being boxed up and returned to Crutchfield. I am not over powering them/ the amp is a 200 watt Monolith. I didn’t care for how dull the speakers sounded to...
  15. D

I've run phantom center some and it is really good. My room is a little asymmetrical and I sit closer to the right side, so I am away from the sweet spot in the middle. Which is why I like the A125C. If you are more towards the center, and in the sweetspot, the phantom effect would be good.
  16. D

I purchased the Stage A180 towers and A125c center. Very good sounding speakers. I’ve owed several brands in the past NHT, Elac, Klipsch, SVS... these things take the cake. What’s surprising is how good the center sounds. In the past I would have issues with the dialogue getting lost in the mix...
Top Bottom