Search results

1. V

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

My current setup for music listening is RPi > Gustard X16 > NC252MP amp > Elac B5.2. No sub and eq. Considering to replace the amp and B5.2 with 8030C. A few questions would like to get some advices here: 1. My room is ~3m x 4m x 3m, my listening position is 1.5~3m, will 8030C be loud enough...
  2. V

Lotoo PAW Gold Touch Review (DAP)

http://soundexpert.org/vault/dpa.html I think this is the website. Looking forward to learn more about the difference between measurements. PS. I just found I clicked "report" rather than "reply" last time. Please ignore my "report". Edited: More detail about there measurement...
  3. V

I see I see. Then, the bad SINAD of unbalance output should not be caused by low gain. From the SINAD vs output voltage plot (I think it is measured with balance output with high gain), the SINAD won't drop below 105dB even with 600mVrms. Or it quickly roll off after 600mVrms?
  4. V

Thanks a lot for your quick reply! Can you elaborate more on how you get this conculsion. Just want to understand more.
  5. V

A dumb question, if tune the volume to match the output voltage between high gain and low gain, will high gain still show better perfornance than low gain?
  6. V

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

I have a question about the phase invert function. I am pairing X16 with the Audiophonics.fr NC252mp XLR amp. Should I enable phase invert (Europe standard 1:GND/2:-ve/3:+ve according to the manual). What if I set it wrong? Will it damage the amp?
  7. V

Topping D70s vs SMSL SU-9

I end up getting the X16 as it is the cheapest one and looks like a tank. Waiting for delivery. By the way, I played around with a SMSL M400 in a store yeaterday. Just turn the knob and push the button. It feel more solid than I expected.
  8. V

I added Gustard X16 into my list. TOTL measurement and I can get it even cheaper than SU-9. By the way, I sent email to both SMSL and Topping to ask them the Raspberry compatibility as a test snd somehow I got reply from SMSL while nothing from Topping yet.
  9. V

Hi 4udio, thanks a lot for your sharing! SU9 sounds great (I am OK with the lack of stand by mode) until your last point (the lack of response from SMSL support team). I almost pull the trigger for SU9 but I have to think about it again.
  10. V

Hi All, my first post on the DAC forum. I am setting up a stereo system which I planned to use Raspberry Pi 4 as source to feed DAC with USB. Based on the measurement and budget, I narrowed down to the 2 DAC on the title while I would like to get some insight here before I made the decision. 1...
  11. V

Math on power amplifier selection

Sorry that I didn't mentioned clear enough! I planning to buy a Topping D70s which can be uaed as DAC+pre-amp.
  12. V

Thanks a lot! Learn quite a lot from this forum.
  13. V

After read the input from everyone and I googled more information, my understand is NC122MP and NC252MP will have same SPL before the input voltage from DAC (after amplified) reached the NC122MP output voltage limit which probably should be quite loud already. Any larger input voltage will clip...
  14. V

Not decided yet but will be some bookshelf speaker due to space limitation
  15. V

Thanks a lot for all the input! I think I understood the calculation more. I did below calculation to compare NC122MP, NC252MP and NC502MP. If my understanding is correct, higher power amplifier can use more "potential" of both DAC and speaker but we actually won't reach such extreme case for...
  16. V

Thanks NTK for your reply! Checked the link and have a few more questions. 1. The rated power of amplifier is listed with 2/4/8ohm speaker, how to convert it to 6ohm speaker? 2. There are max. power and continous power for the amplifier, which should I use for the calculation? 3. XLR 2X the...
  17. V

Hi All, I am new to this forum and these HiFi stuff. I am planning to buy DAC + power amplifier + speaker for my small living room. DAC probably something from Topping. I only have space for bookshelf speaker (something like Dali Oberon 1). For power amplifier, I am interesting in those Ncore...
Top Bottom