Search results

1. N

How to avoid 53 page Review threads???

I really enjoy the reviews and some (much?) of the discussion that follows, but so many of these run so far off topic (or worse no topic - along the lines of "great review, thanks!" that could be more efficiently/effectively done thru like button) that the discussions run far too long to ever...
  2. N

Why is SINAD measured @ 5W?

Forgive this most basic of measurement questions (and feel free to point me to a prior discussion if one exists), but why does Amir make SINAD measurements at 5 watts? Is this a standard?
  3. N

How is THIS for a baffle wall?!

Meridian has been doing DSP active speakers for decades, and in recent years has turned their focus toward in-wall units and installations. I’ve been following this impressive project over on the Meridian Unplugged forum for a while now (thread called Slow Burn). This behind screen baffle wall...
  4. N

Harman Sub-Curves?

As I understand it, the Harman curve is an average of subjective opinions of a variety of listeners both trained and untrained. Are there subgroups - “sub curves” so to speak? For example, and most relevant I would think - age subgroups? I know my ears are not what they used to be. As well as my...
  5. N

Purifi EVAL input - SE vs XLR balanced

So I have a Purifi EVAL based unit which has XLR only input and utilizing a Speakon to banana adapter output. I have a single ended streamer/DAC source. I have a SE to XLR adapter cable and a Schiit Magnius line level headphone amp with preamp function that accepts SE input and converts to...
  6. N

Amplifier specs confusing

225 W RMS at 8 Ω (4-channel output) 320 W RMS at 4 Ω (4-channel output) 430 W RMS at 4 Ω (BTL mode, 2-channel output) 650 W RMS at 2 Ω (BTL mode, 2-channel output) SN Ratio 112 dB A weighted. Maximum output current per channel 16.5A/ 33A (Bridged) These are the advertised specs of a D...
  7. N

How to submit products for review?

Lurker turned member looking to submit an amp to Amir for review but the link at top of page does not respond. How does one contact Amir to arrange a drop shipment from manufacturer for review? Great site. Perhaps a little obsessed with rather minute (and for many of us inaudible) measurement...
Top Bottom