Search results

1. J

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Atm I have only my Sennheiser HD 660s and HyperX Cloud 2 wireless headsets for things that require no-wires activities (teams meetings, saving children from the laundry machine, etc) I hate having too much stuff lying around :D
  2. J

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

And solved: My actual headphone cable was broken. :facepalm:
  3. J

Not tried different dac's but seems to be some kind of mechanical failure. Tried to toggle it to preout and back to headphone out and does it almost 50% of the time. I may have to RMA it.
  4. J

My unit has started to produce sound only from the right side when turned on. Switching off->on again fixes it but not feeling very confident that this thing will last. :/ Has anyone else had similar problems?
  5. J

Does Equalize APO affect signal path any way for devices that are not configured to use it?

Didn't hear any change so you might be right. Was just thinking that is the signal still passing through EqualizerAPO even though it's turned off and possible affecting the audio quality.
  6. J

Does Equalize APO affect signal path any way for devices that are not configured to use it?

So I have a HyperX Cloud 2 wireless headset with an AutoEQ profile configured in it and a Topping DAC without any configurations (empty checkbox on the configurator). So the main question is will Equalizer APO affect the audio in any way before it gets to the Topping?
  7. J

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Just choose carefully so that you get all the things you actually need. For example Aune x1s won't mute RCA-outs if you plug in headphones etc
  8. J

DX5 sounds literally the same with DX3 pro+. All the topping stuff is so similar that I would spend more only if your headphones actually need more power. I've had DX7 pro, DX5, DX3 pro+ and now l30 II + E30 II stack that has nice knobs for changing to pre out/headphone out.
  9. J

I cannot say anything about that. I want to have at least a few days of exposure about gear that I can recommend or not.
  10. J

the price difference is so smol compared how much more power you get that I would just take mark ii. But both will make you happy. And I haven't heard original e30, only e30 II and dx3 pro+ that I'll assume is very similar to e30 (minus some power). They practically sound the same for HD600...
  11. J

In Georgitt's defense It wasn't exactly the easiest manual to read :D I had to read it like three times before I figured the settings out.
  12. J

The value proposition is still very much spot on. Let’s just hope that it actually lasts component wise.
  13. J

I think It's a good idea. I just personally wanted to have cohesive simple desktop setup that looks good so I chose the stack option. (also hate that remote thing so mechanical switches are god tier)
  14. J

It was a nice surprise for me too. Just set screen brightness to ”L-A” and it only shows faint ”usb” on the corner like in the picture. Edit: Realised that output mode does not affect it.
  15. J

But it feels so nice :( Absolutely true. Just wanted to say that because I could not find anyone mention it anywhere.
  16. J

You can actually turn the display off from E30 II
  17. J

I drive mine on medium gain but your cans has also a much lower sensitivity so they are pretty hard to drive. You cannot directly compare them by impedance alone.
  18. J

I do not have anything else sensible to test that with at the moment sorry. I only have hd660s and atleast they give their peak performance with this little box. It literally kills all of their combo units. (only thing I haven't heard is the new DX7 pro+)
  19. J

Just got the II stack on my desk and boy it drives Sennheisers like nobody’s business.
  20. J

DAC AMP stack for under 500EUR

Just got II revision to my desk and I can confirm. It's a killer for the money.
Top Bottom