Search results

1. M

$9 Headphone Review: Sony MDR-ZX110

I like how these headphones have complete lack of grain in an abrasive manner, like many other cheap (and not so cheap) headphones.
  2. M

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

I used to own K5 Pro and Topping E30/L30 at the same time. To my ears K5 Pro (AKM) sounded sweeter than the Topping pair which was way too clinical and cold for me. Even e30->K5 Pro combination was better than e30/L30 combo, which tells me that Fiio makes good amplifier section, regardless of...
  3. M

Hifi Forum TDA-1541A DAC Review

Honestly, if a good measuring DAC with super low distortion and jitter sounds dry and lifeless while poor measuring DACs can sound wonderful and musical to one's ears, who is to say the poor measuring DAC is inferior to super precise DACs ? I find myself analyzing music using clear and detailed...
  4. M

System wide parametric equalizer for Raspberry Pi - is there such a thing?

With system-wide PEQ in place, would I be able to play offline FLAC file with any music player with PEQ setting applied ?
  5. M

Which 30 USD Aliexpress DAC you recommend?

Search for TDA1305 DAC on Aliexpress. Such as https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251832644932185.html Most are under 50 bucks... and are AWESOME. This DAC is as smooth as Denafrips Ares 2.
  6. M

Topping D90: What is Purpose of Digital Filters?

Sorry for my ignorance, but if we have to limit bandwidth in the ultrasonic frequency range via filter, then shouldn't NOS DAC be subjected to this rule also? NOS DAC also surely generates image beyond Nyquist frequency, no ?
  7. M

Funny I thought of same as others lol.
  8. M

One remarkable thing about these headphones is that they are never fatiguing. They are even more laid back than my 600/6XX/r70x. I admit this is mostly due to the fact that the drivers are small and dynamics are lacking, being a cheap product. Quite often, overly dynamic phones are too energetic...
  9. M

Schiit Vali 2+ Review (Tube Headphone Amp)

Yeah it measures terrible but sound terrific. I am happy with Genalax e88cc tube
  10. M

Review and Measurements of DarkVoice 336SE Headphone Amp

Ok, whatever. I get that you're not a fan of tubes.
  11. M

Review and Measurements of DarkVoice 336SE Headphone Amp

About shrill highs and lackluster bass - DV disappointed me at first but after a month or so of use, the tubes were nicely broken in and the sound became creamy and bass got punchier (and wetter, not tighter).
  12. M

New Sabaj a10h a Worthy Topping L30 Competitor?

This amp is class D which explains the lesser heat. But I wonder how it sounds compared with L30 ? They say class A is best in general.
  13. M

tube buffer -> SS amp -> headphones vs tube headphone amplifier ?

Which set up would result in more classic tubey sound? (Given similar amount of money invested) 1) DAC -> tube buffer -> SS amp -> headphones 2) DAC -> tube amplifier -> headphones There are really cheap tube buffers out there costing around $50 with good reviews. So why not pipe it to your...
  14. M

Review and Audio Measurement of LG G7 ThinQ Smartphone

I'm curious about this as well. I hear that on V30 this setting is gone. I hope this means the phone auto-adjusts the mode for external devices, so that I can pipe it to an amplifier without worrying about amplifying any noise coming from the phone's amplifier itself.
  15. M

Are a dac and an headphone amplifier really worth it vs my phone ?

When I got into audiophile I bought a bunch of headphones from a Koss to a Sennheiser and Fiio K5 Pro DAC/AMP combo. I always listened in ASIO mode on Windows (or using Macbook core audio). I never bothered to listen with my iPhone 8 Plus - until today. WTF, my iphone + lightning DAC/AMP dongle...
  16. M

Out of curiosity I spent $9.99 and ordered it. The sound is amazing for the price. Apple dongle and Amir's EQ is enough to make it sound sweet.
  17. M

Thank you very much for your input! (Pun intended)
  18. M

Thanks for your reply. My concern is that the test result showed that the SINAD from its LINE-OUT port showed 82dB with 2V. My understanding is that RCA line-out usually would have to have 2V as a feed to another device. If I turn down volume on the knob to adjust the voltage to 1V then it will...
  19. M

If I understood this right, are you saying that line out to another external amplifier is a bad idea ? If so that bums me because that is exactly what I am trying to do.
Top Bottom