Search results

1. O

Did you stole my dog ?

Thanks for the info ! And no no no, he is in perfect health just near me as I'm writing this. I just found it incredible to see a dog that is almost a copy of ours assuming that ours is a mixed breed. I never seen a dog like that in France (I only encountered one that matched its aspect but...
  2. O

Did you stole my dog ?

Did you stole my dog :p? BTW what is your dog's breed (if any)? We adopted ours from a shelter (S.P.A in France), and we don't know it's breed nor the kind of mix it could be.
  3. O

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

[off topic ON] Did you stole my dog ? BTW what is your dog's breed (if any)? We adopted ours from a shelter (S.P.A in France), and we don't know it's breed nor the kind of mix it could be. [off topic OFF] Edit: I created a specific topic...
  4. O

Tascam 102i Review (Audio Interface)

Totally off topic. Are you THE Paco de Lucia?
  5. O

Objective $5000 Full Range Speaker Recommendation

KEF R11 if WAF is at play, F208 otherwise. This statement about WAF is coming from a very meaningful statistical pool of 1 sample (mine).
  6. O

Frustrated and venting, ideas will be helpful

Huh. How did you tuned (if any) your custom crossovers? By hear? With measurements? With simulations? Any combination of the three? And what about the directivity?
  7. O

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

I totally second the last part of your comment. The techniques from kii, d&d, genelec, etc... needs to be used in products that should have sell count numbers maybe one order of magnitude higher to smooth out the big R&D cost + the cost related to small volume production. I guess that's where...
  8. O

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

OK now that the audio DAC is a solved problem w.r.t measurements (I guess it has been solved for a while w.r.t audibility), I'd say almost the same for the amplifiers. Please dear R&D departments of all audio companies turn your resources to the weakest part of the audio chain (and stop trying...
  9. O

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

Just ordered them from thomann Edit: I just received them :p
  10. O

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

Hello, Maybe a super dumb question. What kind of banana plug can be used with the Arthur 34/09? I tried a bunch of them but they always seem to have a to large diameter... :facepalm:
  11. O

The kit we bought, our current setups

Thanks! I agree for the business of the rug. I really need to put back the drawer to get the symmetry and stuff the cds in the two bottom drawers... There was a Marantz avr in the left part of the furniture, replaced by non-heating and compact hypex amp. And all white was also a spouse...
  12. O

The kit we bought, our current setups

My current setup. No plan to change in the forthcoming years :rolleyes:... Except for the aesthetic (while keeping the same gear). Kef R11, Svs SB-3000, minidsp SHD, Boxem Arthur 34/09, Sony xb790qs (CD player).
  13. O

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

What about a track that contains portions that really push the limit of "natural" music/sound? The first practical exemple that comes to my mind is a movie soundtrack (and I don't mean the score), especially a sci-fi one.
  14. O

So you are saying that the stuffing process is additive? Like Final_PCM{lowest bits} = Original_PCM{lowest bits} + MQA_packet and not Final_PCM{lowest bits} = MQA_packet?
  15. O

Out of curiosity. Do they simply erase the lower bits entirely? Or they add the mqa information packed as as pseudo noise to the lower bits? This last one seems pretty far fetch, especially regarding how to recover this packed data among the noise at decode time, but I prefer to ask anyway, we...
  16. O

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Putting the dsp after the dac would be one of the most unusual thing to do on earth. A DSP process digital data as its name indicates (Digital Signal Processor), it operates on bits. This is the very reason why there is an ADC in the SHD: to digitized the input so that the DSP can do its job.
  17. O

Is adding an amp worth it

Hello, Your speakers are rated at 120W for the power handling and 4ohms for the impedance, your AVR dac has SINAD of 84db or so an amp SINAD of 74db and max out at around 138W into 4ohms. My guess is that a nc122mp based class D may do the trick. What is sure is that the c298 and any Purifi...
  18. O

Class D Amplifiers 101

Hello, I have what could be a silly question. Does the math tells you that the switching frequency noise amplitude is gain independent ? In the sense that the noise amplitude does not depend on the output voltage gain you are asking from the amplifier. In practice if for a 4V@1khz output from...
  19. O

DIRAC AND ROOM TREATMENT

Or another wife o_O. WAF limit has been reached at 8 panels (13cm thick). The limit may depend on your model though (wife and panel included). PS: dear love if by any chance you read this, I thank you so much for allowing me to destroy our living room asethetic for the sake of the greater...
  20. O

Emotiva PA-1 Review (Amplifier)

Yeah, that's something that is still puzzling me. It would be ok if speakers were designed from the ground up to overcome/take into account that there is a pretty good amount of garbage at this very high frequency. But I'm not sure that it is the case today, so who knows how this interacts...
Top Bottom