Search results

1. M

Audio Critic--Complete Archive

that was pretty funny about the subscriptoin experience. Does anyone know if Dr. Rich is still around doing reviews and analysis? I liked reading his insights.
  2. M

Hidizs S9 PRO Measurements (DAC Dongle)

I was going to mention they're on sale too! I bought one after reading about them here at ASR and have been VERY happy with it. Get one - you will be, too!
  3. M

Openamp MM phono preamplifier

best way to find out is to buy some op amps, drop them into your openamp and see which you like best. i started with opa627, tried a couple of other jfet input parts and went back to opa627. it was quietest and had most pleasant sound for me. my noise levels were not measured; i just listened to...
  4. M

Clipping Indicator Circuit

If you can find the manual for the APT 1 Power Amp from the late 1970s, take a look at the schematic; it has a well designed clipping indicator.
  5. M

D2-JFET discrete preamplifier (2010) with 1.5W/32ohm output capability

Excellent performance! I guess I'll have to build this one too! :) mlloyd1
  6. M

Openamp MM phono preamplifier

Hi PMA, You may recall I mentioned previously at "the other place" how much I liked my build of your preamp. It's nice to see impressive measurements supporting the quality I've heard. :cool: mlloyd1
  7. M

Old (vintage) vs new CD Player DAC differences?

That depends. ;) The point I'm making is that it is a nice anchor piece in spite of it's age. If one "outgrows" the sound of the electronics or desires change, one can always get an external DAC. The transport is the same hardware as used in some very nice Accuphase products of the time period...
  8. M

Old (vintage) vs new CD Player DAC differences?

As a happy owner of a CDP-x779ES, I agree. This is definately NOT a machine to underestimate ...
Top Bottom