Search results

1. M

Linear power supply vs switching power supply headphone amps

I have an a30 pro which gives me good headroom to eq my he6sev2. Great setup but still pricey especially with a balanced dac. I think solderdude is right though.
  2. M

Topping A30pro vs A90.

Its funny i've noticed similar impressions about the a90 vs a30 from zeos, hbb, and antdroid. Something like the "a30 is less analytical, less forward". I like subjective and objective impressions but something tells me that a comment like this is made once and everyone else subconsciously picks...
  3. M

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

What is the best filter? I guess the first one is the most accurate? (on-off-off) Which one would be nos like
  4. M

Blind test: we have a volunteer!!!

Why not just have him do an ABx then. I think as long as all the gear is agreed upon, and setup on a live stream no one will object. I think GO will go on with the test anyways. Whether it's good enough for Amir he can decide himself.
  5. M

Couldn't you do both headphones?
  6. M

Susvara would be really cool considering its gained legendary status for needing amplification that costs about the same as the HP's themselves to bring out it's potential. Magnius should have enough power for them?
  7. M

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Wow a30 pro has got my he6se v2 singing! very noticeable vs the a50s but i haven't done any formal tests. Even with my d50 rca as a source with some flacs im getting to 2 and even 3 oclock so I think the balanced dac is a good idea. For some reason spotify plays much louder and is fine at 12...
  8. M

Drop THX 789 with Hifiman Arya

Try and get a balanced cable
  9. M

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

So what is the wattage requirement for he6se? I know some people say you have peaks up to 115db so you need 6 watts into 50 ohms but I always thought that was kind of ridiculous. Wouldn't a peak that loud be way to much?
  10. M

Running he 6 v2 into a50s and its beautiful. Will update when I get a30 pro
  11. M

Contact hifiman, theyre usually good about offering repairs
  12. M

As far as I know all the headphone outputs are more or less the same power and using using RCA input will give about half the power.
  13. M

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

I just bought this device new from hifi go in black . Have the issues been resolved or should I cancel my order?
  14. M

Do you have any recommendations? Not wanting to pay 400$ just for a dac.
  15. M

How much power do you lose with RCA in vs XLR? I'm planning using my d50s as the dac into the a30 to power he6se
  16. M

I bought this amp and it's coming soon. Will it have enough power to drive he6se? Apparently magnius is same power in balanced but I read somewhere that they were maxing out the volume high gain balaced on magnius with the hifiman. Also why does Amir's measurements show a bit more power from...
  17. M

I was thinking more like buying a headphone amp built around the linear power supply like gustard h16 or one of the shiit amps. Would the p50 achieve the same thing? What about the dx7 pro
  18. M

I've heard it mentioned that linear has a more bass impact. Is there a difference between these two amp designs? Im wondering if its worth it to try with my hifiman aryas. Currently using a topping a50s.
  19. M

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

has anyone tried he6 with a50s?
  20. M

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

Is it bad to keep the amp on all day? It just gets a bit warm and sometimes it doesnt. Probably has to do with windows.
Top Bottom