Search results

1. C

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

Thank you for this thorough response. It make things a bit more clear to somebody like me not that knowledgable on these things. At the same time, that make things more confusing to me. I get that Schitt experiments with something new that output in the XLR, and they kept the TRS output as an...
  2. C

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

thank you for the review. I‘m slightly confused. This is a new product replacing or complimenting the Magnius amp? Anyone got a chance to find the differences between the two?
  3. C

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

I left speechless, this is near perfect even for today's standards. Of all products Logitech makes, decided to kill THAT?
  4. C

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

Looks very nice (it matches in appearance the new Fiio speakers) but the SW implementation looks very suboptimal. Possible they were in a rush to get the product in the market and will try to improve the SW with upgrades? Anyway, for those who care Fiio has introduced a wired keypad that can be...
  5. C

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

That should work. I have a similar setup PC to K5 Pro (USB connection) and then RCA to RCA to active studio speakers. It's a bit of a nuisance that there are so many volume knobs in the way but if you pre-set up your PC and speaker volume, you could use the K5 Pro volume to open/close and adjust...
  6. C

FiiO K7

This looks like a slightly improved K5 Pro. Practically the same device with the addition of balanced headphone output. I have a K5 Pro, and it works great as a 3-way switch, I think this is its best selling point. Would the balanced headphone output, as a new feature, help improve Fiio's...
  7. C

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

HI 1. yes, you can use an external amplifier connected to the line-out. I'm also using an analogue equaliser and an external amplifier for headphones in line with my K5 Pro. You should need to balance out the output volume, otherwise, you may get loads of distortion or even damage low impedance...
  8. C

This $850 Fiio K9pro has a built in EQ, through the app. How does it sound better than a cheaper dac/amp?

AFAIK the EQ is available only in BT streaming (so it happens to the streaming source, not in the device). I don't own the device, but I thoroughly checked it to buy it, and Fiio clearly mentioned it on the support pages. AFAIK the EQ does not work with the other inputs (from the technical...
  9. C

JDS Labs Atom DAC+ Review

BLASPHEMY! ATOM AMP or nothing! :D
  10. C

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

What was the problem?
  11. C

I don't think there is much there to miss, that you wouldn't be able to get with an external BT streamer. Prices start from 50$. Possible you may get more with an external streamer, I would personally opt for a joint WiFi/BT streamer. Another thing is that apparently, K9 uses BLE for connecting...
  12. C

Hold on a sec, is there an EQ in K9?! I haven’t seen such info anywhere. I suppose it is possible to get an EQ in the control app for the BT streaming, but I don’t think it would be possible for any of the other input ports (if it did the 850$ would be a steal). I think for the 850$ you can...
  13. C

My reference was for the comparison between the three options discussed, mainly discussing the specs.
  14. C

It's an all-around device, including a wifi streamer, MQA support, Bluetooth, Roon Ready, I think it also has AirPlay2? I mean, cool device. Here its review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/matrix-audio-mini-i-pro-3-review-streamer-dac.21797/ I would have debate in...
  15. C

If I have to choose between the three, I would have definately go for the Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3, spec-wise it just blows the rest out of the water. I wish it had a parametric EQ like the RME ADI-2, it would have been the perfect AIO dac/amp. The second option is the topping stack. I find...
  16. C

Now it make sense why the European vendors were clearing their stock hacking 50% off the price. Just by comparing the two models you can see the problem with the original model: No heat dissipation. On the other hand: Golden knob?! :facepalm:
  17. C

Why an RME model like ADI-2-DAC FS wouldn't do the job for you? The retail price of the K9 Pro is a no-go for me( when I found it new for 300£, I was tempted though). In the UK at least, for another 100£, you can get the RME ADI-2-DAC and have a state-of-the-art AIO DAC/amp combo with...
  18. C

Not sure if that was mentioned before but for anyone who like measurements here some: https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/fiio-k9pro/
  19. C

Grado SR60x Review (on ear headphone)

I'm wondering how many people buy the S60s for use and how many buy them for doing mods. On top of my head, I can recall at least two websites that are selling (pretty expensive) mod kits specifically for the s60 and the S80, like drivers, wooden cups, leather headbands etc.
  20. C

I've seen one selling at this price but I think he sold out. Did you find another? :oops:
Top Bottom