Search results

1. JP

Cartridge ABX

I tried a new cartridge today that struck me as being very similar to one I listened to a few weeks ago, so I did some comparisons, and indeed it did! I should've bought a lottery ticket instead. Here are four ABXs of the two cartridges, each with a different genre of music. I did a quick...
  2. JP

Turntable Wow and Flutter "Polar" Plot Script

This script creates polar plots from wow and flutter test tracks. I'll provide more background information on it later. The current "released" code is below. Python installation instructions are in this thread.
  3. JP

Phono Cartridge Equivalent/Effective Tip Mass Master List

Dropping this here to get it off my desktop. The original list was posted on VE IIRC, though I've added a lot to it. All the original numbers were three decimals though I've never seen a manufacturer spec more than two, so I assume that was the original author's addition, likely for...
  4. JP

Phono Cartridge Response Measurement Script

This thread is intended to consolidate the technical discussion and further development of Scott Wurcer's frequency response measurement script to a central area. I'd like to keep this discussion about the tool rather than specific cartridges. I'll edit this and the subsequent reserved posts in...
  5. JP

Another Vinyl vs. Source Comparison

There have been a couple threads the past months of vinyl vs. CD type comparisons. I thought it'd be interesting to kick things up a notch or two. I thought it'd be fun to compare a first-play needle-drop of a lacquer with the actual source that was sent to the lathe. We could do one...
Top Bottom