Search results

1. JP

Phono Cartridge Response Measurement Script

Thanks. I’m pretty much done on one that detects the end of the pilot and the end of the sweep, so it works for almost any record. I just have to add tone start for TRS-1005 as there’s a delay between the pilot and the sweep, and then incorporate it in to the measurement script.
  2. JP

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

I think it could've been done years ago, and maybe has been for archival. Would just need to scan a good portion of the groove wall and use something analogous to a de-clicking algorithm to determine what is the groove vs. what is foreign. Likely wouldn't be real time. ELP player is...
  3. JP

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

ELP. Big one is that it can’t distinguish debris in the groove from the groove.
  4. JP

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Ya, I’ve seen those. The larger sample size of economical ADCs is what interests me.
  5. JP

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I reached out to him to see if he'll give out the uncompressed audio for those generation comparisons.
  6. JP

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I asked and was told it 'devolved including denigration of moderation' so they decided to delete it rather than purge those posts. I hadn't seen an activity alert on it at all yesterday so I can't say I saw any posts that fit that bill.
  7. JP

Phono cartridge service

Not for what we need. I think that's up to you and I - just (<- haha) need elastomer donuts. EDIT - I may ask him to throw a stylus on one of my DL-1000A - it's right up there.
  8. JP

Phono cartridge service

Contact Joseph Long.
  9. JP

Turntable RPM Measurement Script

Hmm. It showed RPM properly when I tested originally. Will have to look at that.
  10. JP

What pets have you had? Post pics of your pets, previous or now. Why do I love my pet so much?

I think Kaiser says that about everything :)
  11. JP

What pets have you had? Post pics of your pets, previous or now. Why do I love my pet so much?

We're fostering a 10mo old Maltipoo. He didn't know his name, so we're calling him Finn.
  12. JP

Fun with vinyl measurements

Have you done multiple runs without changing anything to ascertain error? It can be illuminating to see how things change with something like 5-10 runs in a row and some spread out over hours or days.
  13. JP

And his measurements weren’t replicable. Granted, I went through a bit more exhaustive of a process, ensuring the waveforms being compared were indexed, which is usually where people get bit on this stuff, along with not considering run variation.
  14. JP

It appears that you’re not looking at all the evidence that was provided in that thread as it relates to the effect on the audio signal. No measurable differences in FR, no one has been able to differentiate the different loads in ABX, and the effect on the square wave was very small and well...
  15. JP

That’s not evidence for what your claimed. My own tests posted in that thread for anyone to try show no audible difference when the load on the test cart (5R5 DCR) is 1R, after level matching of course.
  16. JP

Phono Cartridge Response Measurement Script

No way for anyone to investigate without the audio.
Top Bottom