Search results

1. M

Revel W553L Measurements (In-wall Speaker)

I'm not sure that baffle was large enough to get an accurate measurement on an in or on wall speaker. I designed an on-wall a few years ago and despite the math saying I had enough flat plane to be filtered by a gated measurement, the measurements got far more normal when the baffle was made...
  2. M

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Seemed to sound the same with the replacement board..... I haven't owned a preamp for over a decade. Never spoke to the buyer after the sale. With the issues I had, I kind of squinted and crossed my fingers. I'm only trying to share my genuine experience. I'm not saying that there was...
  3. M

WRT Quality.... In my post above I have largely stayed away from the QC issues and focused on sound, but in the area of quality, my experience from last year was well documented on here. My initial board had a dead headphone amplifier. Then they didn't check the board they sent for...
  4. M

Yeah, the difference wasn't slight..
  5. M

No it takes headphone style balanced connectors instead of xlr It has xlr, but they are fixed output only, so they will toast your speakers if you plug in to them.
  6. M

It didn't matter what I set the volume control to. Besides, I think the measurements here showed higher than normal output voltage. At the same time I had been selling an old pair of speakers and don't like having people I don't know in my house, especially since it was the early days of...
  7. M

I figured I would chime in. Enough time has passed since selling my unit as to not anger my buyer. Please note that while my product quality issues were well documented on here, I don't hold grudges and my poor opinion of the sound is completely independent of the ownership experience. I was...
  8. M

I have one on US Audio Mart. No need to wait. I pulled it off ebay because I had to turn down offers that, without the fees, I would have accepted. Sadly, I probably angered potential buyers.
  9. M

FS: Okto DAC8 Stereo

Please see the ad below on USAM. The price is much higher through eBay. $1600 Including shipping and PayPal. https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649715393-okto-research-dac8-stereo-silver-wpi4/
  10. M

In all my years in this hobby, it would seem that the analog side of a DAC makes a much bigger difference in sound then the DAC chip itself. The chip in my current DAC (Meridian Ultra) isn't even new. It's a 2 channel 24/192 AD chip per side with a fancy mux chip to leverage both channels...
  11. M

If you don't want to wait I have one for sale on USAM.
  12. M

The saga is over. The correct replacement board arrived today. I installed it, and tested everything. Done. I'll post it for sale tomorrow, when I can take photos again.
  13. M

It looks like the other difference is the headers for the board that plugs in on top to rewire the sockets in parallel. If I wasn't selling this I would totally convert it.
  14. M

So the good news is a part arrived today. The bad news is that he sent me an 8 channel board for a 2 channel DAC. Didn't notice until I was ready to plug it in. The fun continues.... I've asked them to overnight the replacement. Again, I will update when I know more.
  15. M

Pavel replied back. It appears the replacement part is in route. Will update when finished
  16. M

I do still have the unit, but it looks like the headphone amplifier was DOA. I don't use headphones so I never tested it and the unit was brand new so I assumed..... Output is standard voltage. I'm waiting on a replacement board from Pavel but the only response I have in a few weeks is...
  17. M

The unit I'm selling seemed to work pretty well. Drivers worked without messing around with settings and the menu navigation only took a minute to figure out.
  18. M

Order update 224 Arrived. It was a dac8 Stereo Also, I'm selling if someone doesn't want to wait in line. I just bought it to demo. I didn't intend to keep it. It's posted on US Audio Mart.
Top Bottom