Search results

1. SylphAudio

SylphAudio's High-Performance Amplifier Modules (2024 and Beyond)

Received just today, additional measurements maybe in 2 to 3 weeks. :)
  2. SylphAudio

Mornsun LOF550-xx-xx is a good alternative if you want a smaller profile, high power SMPS
  3. SylphAudio

Around 323 USD per channel, ETA is Q4 2024
  4. SylphAudio

Yes, same setup, LRS-350-36 bumped to 38V. Cosmos ADCiso and DL200 used the same laptop without USB isolator on the DL200, So, I will try again some other time with separate laptops, might fix the mains harmonics when using the Cosmos APU.
  5. SylphAudio

No stats yet since were using the Cosmos ADC as unbuffered, i.e. directly connected to a passive low pass filter after the DUT's speaker out. There's no protection to transient and large voltage swings. So, we can only measure the amp at 4.5Vrms output (with 4R load). And the passive LPF has a...
  6. SylphAudio

Same setup 5W 4ohm but with FB360. Sample only, this is on open air, no casing Will make repeat measurements later
  7. SylphAudio

Here's with LPF straight to Cosmos ADCiso. Setup is SMSL DL200 -> FB100 -> LPF without output coupling caps -> Cosmos ADCiso Can't get lower noise measurements, though the module already has lower noise than my sample PA5 here. So, I believe I can get better noise measurements. It's just some...
  8. SylphAudio

Cosmos measurement is not yet ready. Getting mains harmonics when LPF is added on the class-D output with the cosmos APU. Using LPF on this site: https://www.openaudiolab.com/measuring-amps/ Still figuring out the correct wiring to eliminate the mains harmonics. I ordered Cosmos scaler, will...
  9. SylphAudio

D100 PFFB can be disabled through solder jumpers on the bottom PCB.
  10. SylphAudio

Will be buying E1DA Cosmos Scaler as well. FB100 THD is better than -116dB, but I can't get the THD+N past -106.5dB.
  11. SylphAudio

We will revive the production of D100 configured as non-PFFB, since there are some people who still prefers non-PFFB configuration for TPA325x. Sample feedback below.
  12. SylphAudio

Yes already got the Cosmos ADC, will test them on weekends. :)
  13. SylphAudio

Not yet, just bought Cosmos ADC iso to test it first before sending out. It'll arrive within 2 weeks.
  14. SylphAudio

Will be buying cosmos ADC first since we can't reliably measure the noise with the ADC that we have. Test fit only.
  15. SylphAudio

He's Dr. Mord on DIYAudio right? Not Dr. Mordor (Russian) PFFB scene on DIYAudio was primitive back then. I think he's inactive even before the pandemic. I doubt if he really tested those inductors, looks like he just converted the TI's inductor testing SLAA701A into an excel sheet (see...
  16. SylphAudio

Can you give the link of your screenshot? This graph lacks information like missing 8R graph of TPA3251, voltage rail used, etc.. Also, TPA3251 - 10W 4R THD is 0.0035% on that graph. While On EVM graph below, 10W 4R of TPA3251 without PFFB is at 0.002%, and that is already THD+N (with N)...
  17. SylphAudio

For me, in general, TPA3255 should have a thicker perceived mid-bass (like bumping up the equalizer on 180hz to 400hz) compared to TPA3251 modules, I believe I mentioned it before in DIYAudio, I just dont remember the exact thread. TPA3251 should have more clarity (less hazy, less veil) compared...
  18. SylphAudio

We'll know once I send the FB100 for ASR test. But it's around 90W to 100W. TPA325x clips early if it's voltage limited or current limited. Using a regulated high wattage power supply only means that the PSU will not be a bottleneck and prevent the amp from being voltage or current limited. For...
  19. SylphAudio

"ASH-400 Project" Sylph Audio FB-100 Stereo Module with advanced PFFB

Some modifications to achieve a higher feedback factor / deeper PFFB. Also do note that since FB100 is very transparent, power supply selection can have a noticeable effect on the sound. I suggest comparing your power supply with a stock PA5 supply (create an adapter like on the pic below to be...
Top Bottom