Search results

1. The Dragon

AV123 / GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review

Why didn't he just use the "No-Rez" panels GR Research is so proud of on these?
  2. The Dragon

Sabaj A20d 2023 DAC & HP Amp Review

I would add to your statement that this very forum, and you specifically, have been instrumental leveling the playing field for so-called audiophile DACs by using scientific facts and state-of-the-art measurement techniques. Much respect, sir.
  3. The Dragon

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review Follow up [Entertainment]

Cable burn-in relates to the psychological aspects of marketing. Figure a 30-day return period offered by most manufacturers. After buying GR's magic power cable, you listen to your system an average of four hours a day and no sound difference occurs. When you call to get an RMA from GR, they...
  4. The Dragon

SOTA Pyxi Phono Stage Review

Many thanks to Amir for testing the Pyxi. Having real baseline APx test measurements, executed by an honest and experienced professional (Amir), does a great service to both SOTA and the designers. These measurements will be invaluable to those considering a new phono stage. This review should...
  5. The Dragon

What do you want to see from Topping..?

After seeing all the test data for the Topping Pre90, I have thought that Topping should offer a phono preamp of the same quality as the Pre90. That should make for a very low noise product with plenty of gain. Feature set should include two selectable inputs with at least one being a balanced...
  6. The Dragon

Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) ‘Star Trek’ actress, dies at 89

RIP. You played your role with style and class. Truly groundbreaking role. Salute.
  7. The Dragon

Who thought this was good idea?

I thought uranus venting would be a natural thing...
  8. The Dragon

What cables do you use in your systems?

I can hear a difference between the two cables in my system. I'm not sure how much of it is the KLEI RCAs, but the combination of 2803 and KLEI is stellar. Made a believer out of me. Fair warning though. The 2803 is an extremely difficult cable to terminate correctly. With some research, you...
  9. The Dragon

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

When I went to check on the paint job, there was a drill stuck through the package tray (hat rack) - still just sitting there sticking out of the back window. When I took it to them, the package tray was pristine. I asked them to remove it before they fixed the window channel rust (from the...
  10. The Dragon

Wow! A Hurst Grand Prix. Nice! I had a 1971 Grand Prix Model J. Dark blue with a white top. 400 auto. I don't know why I forgot that one. One of my favorite cars, but I had a shop start the restoration on it and they really screwed it up. I think I was trying to blot that one out of my...
  11. The Dragon

Currently, I am working on NASA's SLS rocket avionics. I did at one time have an Oldsmobile rocket, and a very rare one at that. It was a 1965 Jetstar I with a 435 HP 425 c.i.d. V-8. A big lead sled two-door hardtop with bucket seats, console and enough chrome to blind you on a mildly-sunny...
  12. The Dragon

Options for Preamplifier?

May I suggest the Emotiva XSP-1 preamplifier.
  13. The Dragon

Daily job - NASA Rocket Scientist Hobbies - Songwriter, Musician (keyboards, drums, guitar, bass guitar), Musclecars, Travelling, Spending time with the grandson (newest hobby)
  14. The Dragon

First PS Audio, now SBAF? More Smack Talking...

I think SBAF's Purr1n has finally found his inner redneck and it is now on full display for all to see. Personally, I never liked SBAF - and I did try. Self aggrandizing bunch of audio bullies for the most part. SBAF is a very unpleasant place unless you happen to be one of the "accepted"...
  15. The Dragon

Topping E30 DAC Review

I will be interested in hearing your assessment.
  16. The Dragon

Topping E30 DAC Review

I too am having trouble adjudicating what I am hearing with the numbers in the reviews. My guess is the filter implementation is "better" on the Qutest. The other possibility is that I may have an underperforming sample of the E30.-or both...
  17. The Dragon

Topping E30 DAC Review

Sometimes it is difficult to describe what I am hearing. The guitar seemed recessed (lower in volume) than the QT. Also the general presence of detail is just not there. The "attack" of when the guitar strings was not reproduced very well either.
  18. The Dragon

Topping E30 DAC Review

I set the Qutest to 2V output setting. I am going to run another test this weekend with coaxial input to see if that makes a difference. I was not expecting such a noticeable difference in sound. In fact, I was going to consider selling the Qutest. I never liked the UI. The E30 didn't...
  19. The Dragon

Topping E30 DAC Review

I have been following this thread for quite some time. I ordered an E30 months ago and it finally arrived last week. I set it up next to my Chord Qutest with a brand new iFi "audiophile" power supply. I connected it to my laptop, made sure it was working, and then left it on for a few days to...
  20. The Dragon

Topping E30 DAC Review

Not that it really matters, but I was listening through Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones. Just so I am clear, I did not claim that I could not hear any difference in the video. What I can say with 100% confidence is that any difference that I may or may not have heard are meaningless and...
Top Bottom