Search results

1. tlin

Suggest lesser-known good Sci-Fi films

Runaway - another I remember fondly although I'm guessing this one might not have aged well. Bonus - Gene Simmons is the villain!
  2. tlin

I loved Soldier - at least I remember it fondly (no idea how well it stands up this many years later but great suggestion!).
  3. tlin

Outland - should be right in line with the spirit of this thread. One of my favorites.... Edit - Krull also just came to mind. Obscure and of the right vintage - give it a try!
  4. tlin

Please Delete

Nevermind - question answered over on AVSForum....
  5. tlin

Older AVR - use it to power my L-C-R speakers? Input needed, thx!

The hiss/buzzing was there the minute I powered everything up and it was loud. As in I could still hear it from my home office probably 40' away and down the hall. Turning the volume of the HK up/down had ZERO impact on this. Turning the volume up on the Denon only covered up that...
  6. tlin

Best Horror movies

For those who do appreciate the horror genre and/or those who want some recommendations, this gal has a pretty good channel worth a look. No affiliation, just a resource to help find something to watch.
  7. tlin

Expectations low, curiosity High....tonight's experiment didn't get me anywhere but also didn't cost me anything.
  8. tlin

Well so far, this isn't tenable with this setup. Significant hiss/buzzing out of the three speakers I wanted to experiment with. I am getting signal out to the speakers once I raise the volume but the floor level of the hiss/buzzing is pretty damn loud. Tried switching out RCA interconnects...
  9. tlin

Yes....as much as anything, I wanted to get a feel if going w/ external amplification for the fronts would be something I'd even notice. It at least gives me something to play with before buying amps, listening and possibly having to process and pay for returns if I don't experience any...
  10. tlin

Dedicated HT in our basement - 50/50 split between music listening (me/buddies) and movies (family). I'm the original owner of a Harman Kardon AVR-7200 that I've replaced with a lightly used Denon AVR-X4400H (better surround sound processing with the Denon). The Denon serves as my AVR but...
  11. tlin

Outlaw 2220 Review (Monoblock Amplifier)

"would not have missed having them for the world".... I'm not 100% clear if this means you love the amps or if you would be OK without them. I'm not giving you a hard time; I'm on the fence about buying these myself. Cheers!
  12. tlin

Outlaw 2220 Review (Monoblock Amplifier)

$899 for three of these right now (Black Friday / Cyber Monday at work....)
  13. tlin

The impossible decision of buying an AVR/AVP!

@Kostas - I didn't go through the entire thread, FYI. My $.02 - I was in your shoes 6 months ago and especially fed up w/ the price hikes as I was seeking a "modern" replacement for my aging AVR. So....Craigslist for me and I found a one-owner, passionate enthusiast, local-to-me Denon...
  14. tlin

Denon AVR-X3500H AVR Review

Is the same true for an analog input known to be an analog source (e.g. the phono stereo pair)? The goal being to have an analog feed do nothing but be sent directly to the stereo amps. I was also hoping/trying to use a better external DAC with my AVR for music-only listening. Hoping I...
  15. tlin

Tonewinner at-300 av pre pro + buckeye amp Hypex NC252MP Amplifier am I crazy?

FYI, I was previously on the fence for the ToneWinner and reached out to Amirm. He said he'd be interested in reviewing it so do us all a favor and get on it already. :) If the ToneWinner had support for Auro 3D I'd have bought it months ago. Keep us in the loop....
  16. tlin

Emotiva MC-1 Review (Home Theater Processor)

Is there real reason to believe this will actually happen? I've seen several mentions of this sort (via scattered posts). Edit - the post directly above this spells it pretty clearly.......doesn't hurt to hope.
  17. tlin

Full Noob seeks guidance - Which Amp?

Just to help out - Chromecast Audio mentioned earlier is a discontinued item that's a tad hard to find on the used market at this point. Chromecast Audio was an "audio only" device (no HDMI) whereas the Chromecast pucks you find today are to help turn a "dumb TV" into a "SmartTV" (apps and...
  18. tlin

Dedicated HT Upgrades - Music Listening Important - Requesting Your Inputs PLEASE!!!

Big Title there....sorry if it's a bit tacky but here you are. In my basement theater, duties are pretty close to 50/50 between HT (family movie nights) and music (me, occasionally joined by friends). Current equipment is in my signature (speakers and Chromecast Audio (CCA) are staying, AVR...
  19. tlin

Need upgrade guidance esp regarding newish technology

Found your post completely by accident, FYI. The first thing I'd be sure to look at is room correction. As trained musicians, I'm assuming you already appreciate the importance of the acoustic environment your equipment operates in. Next, I saw this yesterday but two RSL's are very close to...
Top Bottom