Search results

1. Svperstar

Any trustworthy site show the best measuring estat amp?

So I have 3 estat amps right now. 2 of them are considered "entry level". The other is basically "mid ranged". I know we can argue back and forth all day about if you can hear any difference between entry level and crazy expensive high end, I'm just curious if anyone knows good measurements of...
  2. Svperstar

What does an "upgraded power supply" do exactly?

EDIT: This is the power supply that inspired me too post this. I have owned the Gilmore Lite Mk2 since shortly after they launched but never got the "Golden Reference" Power Supply: https://www.headamp.com/products/gilmore-lite-mk2?variant=34607303557285 Its "common knowledge" in audiophile...
  3. Svperstar

People who switched your library from MP3 to FLAC how did you go about doing it?

EDIT: You don't need to reply and tell me you cannot "convert" and MP3 into FLAC and get back the lost audio. I am aware of that. I said "convert" when I should have said "replace". As in replace by downloading. So I have been building my MP3 library since I got my first PC in 1996. I started...
  4. Svperstar

Sweat proof earbuds for long workouts?

I am currently using the Tin Audio T4 I got from drop.com. I have tried changing the tips but when I am in the middle of a long bike ride and sweat sometimes they cut out. Yesterday I was on a 3 hour ride, a couple hours in the left bud completely cut out. Back in the day I got some $20 sweat...
  5. Svperstar

AB Test head to head Topping D30 vs Modi Multibit. Wires are fun!

So with lockdown and working from home I need something to pass the time lol. My Gilmore Lite Mk2 has two inputs and a switch which toggles between them. I am running the Topping D10 as a transport it will output to its optical and Coax at the same time. . So Laptop USB -> Topping D10 ->...
  6. Svperstar

Should you control volume via Pre-amp or amp?

Just curious what other people think. I am currently running my Gilmore Lite mk2 preamp -> Koss electrostat energizer. Do you guys think I should max out the volume on the energizer and then turn down the volume on the Gilmore Lite or keep them both at a closer to middle volume? Justin from...
  7. Svperstar

Topping D30 horrible clicks and pops and distortion only under high cpu/gpu load

So before someone tells me my computer sucks I have used the following DACs with this exact PC and NONE of them have this issue besides the Topping D30: Dragonfly 1.2 Modi Multibit Grace Designs SDAC and finally the integrated audio running to my amp via mini to RCA. One thing I wish I knew...
  8. Svperstar

I'd love to see measurements on a NOS DAC that was all the rage 10 years ago

These days multibit is very trendy, back 10 years ago similarly NOS DACS became the flavor of the month and tons of people on headfi were going on and on about how "natural and musical" NOS DACS were. I bought into the hype and picked an MHDT Paradisea+ Tube DAC, it was $650 dollars, to this...
Top Bottom