Search results

1. A

Room Effects & Importance of Frequency Response/Other Metrics?

Hi. In the past few weeks I've been ruminating over the following question: -- Why fuss over how a speaker's frequency response, off-axis performance, etc. when the room-speaker interaction has far larger effects on those very same things? Why not just choose a speaker for how loud it can go...
  2. A

Driver Calculations for Infinite Baffle in a Large Room

Hi. I have a very large room: 8,000 cubic feet (227 cubic meters). I also have Klipsch La Scalas, which start to roll off at 100Hz. I can't have a subwoofer in the room. I can install an infinite baffle subwoofers in two locations in a ceiling and use a attic space as the enclosure. I'll do a...
  3. A

Want Better Sound at Low Volumes? Try a Really Large Sub.

I have KEF LSX (Gen 1) in an extreme nearfield desk setup in my small 80sf office. I listen to Spotify all day at 55-60dB, so it's a bit of a challenge to enhance sound quality. I added a loudness EQ and it helped. I tried my REL T/Zero on all kinds of settings and meh, it didn't do much. Then...
  4. A

Low Volume Listening - Extreme Nearfield <$1,700?

Hi. I'm using KEF LSX (Gen 1) as my desktop setup and I stream Spotify all day extreme nearfield (24 in). I'm happy with the functionality, but I listen at 55-60db and I find them a bit boring. I'm looking at options and I can spend up to $1,700 on improvements. Unfortunately, the Spotify...
  5. A

Under $1K and under 35lbs/16kg for rockin' out?

Hi! So, here's the deal: I have a very large room with Klipsch Cornwalls I's and a pair of La Scala I's that I'm restoring and plan to use (I like them better than the Cornwalls). I have a Hsu VTF-2 MK 4 13" subwoofer at my disposal as well. Crossover for it starts at 90Hz. I really like the...
  6. A

Target Curve for Loudness in Dirac?

Hi. Has anyone tried to implement their own loudness curve with Dirac for a specific low volume listening level? I've got an NAD C658 and am using my MacBook to run Dirac Live. I tried to just slide the target line to make a curve that looks like a loudness compensation curve and the result...
  7. A

How to implement loudness?

Hi. I do a lot of low volume listening and I am really Jonesing for loudness on my setup. I have Klipsch Cornwalls and a pair of SVS SB-3000 subs. I'm driving it with an NAD C658 Streaming DAC preamp which has Dirac Live via an NAD C268 power amp. Unfortunately, the NAD does not have a loudness...
  8. A

Dual Subwoofers for Large Room

Hi. My listening room is a very large space in our great room. It's a converted church 40' x 19' x 15' high at the peak of the vaulted ceiling. I estimate approximately 8,000 cu ft. I'm making some changes and subwoofers will have to be part of it. I have one Hsu VTF-2 MK4. Right now I'm...
  9. A

What Frequencies are Omnidirectional?

I searched and found a lot of answers. So, now to the scientists... What frequencies are omidirectional? Just askin' ;) Thanks! Aaron
  10. A

Budget ABX gear/method "good enough" to compare amps, DACs, audio sources?

Hi. I'd like to do some blind AB comparisons between amplifiers, DACs and digital audio sources. I feel that I don't need gold-standard double-blind, but just enough subtlety to be able to overcome my preconceptions about the gear that I have and gear that interests me. I've been searching high...
  11. A

Corner Speaker Sibilance in Large Vaulted Room

This is my first post here after obsessively researching and not really finding an answer. I think I’m in the right place though! I'd like to improve sound quality in the great room of my house (a small converted church). Please, read on… it gets interesting! Here are my givens: — Budget for...
Top Bottom