Search results

1. H

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

Typo, which when changed to "only you can decide if you want to pay nearly 2,000% more for that", makes the point even more!
  2. H

Arendal 1723 Towers best amplifier

How much pointed precision with Q and Hz have you found is needed? It's an unfortunate room setup that needs more than a 12dB correction too. The OP might find they are in the lucky majority.
  3. H

Arendal 1723 Towers best amplifier

Buying the Umik-1 mic and using the Housecurve iOS app was the best upgrade I ever made to the sound. I never before appreciated how my speakers were interacting with the room to have dramatic impact on the sound. You can hook up a Wiim Pro Plus to that Yamaha to get Airplay 2, and you'll be...
  4. H

Review and Measurements of SONOS Amp

If you have a digital output from your device (spdif), Sonos sell a spdif to hdmi adapter. I feed the Sonos amp from a Wiim pro plus, utlilising its dsp, optical out to hdmi in. It works perfectly.
  5. H

Am I understanding basic audio science right?

Video one was interesting enough but video two sorted me out completely- many thanks. Also, at the start of video two the presenter refers to 'an article on digital audio and why 24bit/192kHz music downloads don't make sense'. For some reason the link doesn't work but it is available at the...
  6. H

That wood be appreciated...
  7. H

Your warm words are spurring me on to learn this stuff properly now; off to get a textbook that will be structured rather than stumbling through various threads on sites - thank you!
  8. H

Right, so I had never tuned in to the fact that dBFS and SPL were so different. More things are dropping into place for me now - thank you
  9. H

Ok, so I only just passed my science exams when aged 16 so my science knowledge is really shaky so bear that in mind; I've read so many posts on this forum and elsewhere to try to understand what I can expect to get sound quality wise from my audio equipment and from audio sources and wanted to...
Top Bottom