Search results

1. dennnic

How to share a transformer

Hi, I'm looking for the best way on how to get multiple outputs from a single secondary coil transformer. I've got a 9 volts 50 VA secondary and would like to build several independent outputs for raspberry and it's hats. Would there be any downsides on sharing a single secondary? As far I as...
  2. dennnic

Proper way to ground and loop breakers

Hi, I'm trying to get some advice and opinions from folks that have prior experience or have been educated in this area. Primarily from a safety standpoint. I am building a simple active crossover and a power supply for it. It's positioned in a separate metal box, in-between a preamp and two...
  3. dennnic

Ideally damped speaker cone

Hi, Few weeks ago, I've connected my old Audiovectors to a tube amp for the first time and was left speechless. Fast forward to a few days ago, when I found an interesting article (in the attachment below) regarding the mentioned subject. Article goes in great details about physics behind...
  4. dennnic

Headless streamer with convolution recommendation?

Hello, I need a recommendation for a streamer I'm building. It's basically a raspberry pi zero 2w with a linear power supply. Out with an usb and into a DAC. No display, nor any addons. There are two requirements to be met: 1. I need some way to use a convolution filter (this is a must, since...
  5. dennnic

Active crossover types

Hello, I'm looking for some technical information on active crossover internals. Common belief is that op amps degrade the signal and that puts them out of Hifi application. So far I was told that signal processing is best done in digital domain. I have managed, using mini dsp Nano Digi, to...
  6. dennnic

Compassion to more expensive converters

I've been reading a lot of very detailed and comprehensive dac reviews over here. I must say that some of newer Topping's offerings are a really good bang for the buck. What bothers me is that there is absolute no information about more expensive stuff (not just here, but in general). I own a...
  7. dennnic

stereo amp biam ways

Hello, Is it true that splitting a signal into two separate amps (one for each speaker) can have benefits in terms of eliminating channels crosstalk?? Would that improve the sound quality at all? If so, since monoblocks are quite an investment these days, can one just use two identical stereo...
  8. dennnic

Tube and solid state biamp

Hello, I've got an Audiovector from late nineties (pictures attached below) - three and a half way (91db), with six terminals for amp connection. Currently, they are playing on Naim preamp and power amp (Vdac and Nap100 - 50w/ch). Recently, I got an offer to buy some very good tube monoblocks...
  9. dennnic

Crossover upgrade (based on previous thread)

Having read "Capacitor upgrade in crossover" thread by ctrl, I'm getting curious of whether can one expect any performance improvement out of crossover mods. I've recently got a pair of old (25 years give or take) Audiovector 5x. An acquaintance of mine is a speaker constructor (for 30+ years)...
Top Bottom