Search results

1. hampestampe

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Has anyone got theire a70 shipped yet? I placed a preorder March 11:th. I've got an email about that if I don't reply that mail they will send me the second batch with slightly improved design, to avoid the turn on "popping sound" but then they will ship my unit/second batch in the beguining of...
  2. hampestampe

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

From what firmware version are you updating? What part is not working out for you? *Did you succced to flash the usb with mint? *Did you succeed to boot your computer with mint? -Or did it fail in terminal mode, not finding your dac? I had some problems typing the commands in terminal mode...
  3. hampestampe

I've just succeeded to perform the firmware update myself via the Mint/Linux guide since the firmware update did not work via Windows method. It was actualy from fw 1.11 to 1.2. For the first time since I got the dac, it can finaly recognize my DSD256-files and play them properly. I will spend...
  4. hampestampe

Ok. Then I guess I actualy have to contact them. I had mine for some years now, ordered it back in 2020 but got it delivered 2021, I'm sure I'm on firmware 1.0. Thank you, I look it up and probably need theire help with the special tool then.
  5. hampestampe

Hi yes I will do the update in the near future. Why would I need to contact Okto? Is there any aditional info that I need more than what they provide via the link on the page? https://www.oktoresearch.com/assets/dac8stereo/fw/dac8stereo_fw_12_release_note.pdf I've not looked closer to it yet...
  6. hampestampe

That sounds like the dac suddenly fails to lock the data stream. I've got a Auralic Aries G2 and the Okto Reaserch dac 8 Stereo, it's never happened with my S gear. I've had the same issue in the past with my old setup, Auralic Aries streamer and Vega dac. I only had the issue within the first...
  7. hampestampe

This is from the manual of the dac8 Stereo, although "Pro" is mentioned in the text: Warning: we discourage from using balanced-to-unbalanced cables and converters. Doing so will result in a vastly decreased analog performance and may be also cause of groundloop induced hum issues. Unbalanced...
  8. hampestampe

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Thats a bargin! I've got the S.M.S.L Sanskrit MK2 and the DO100, two great cheap dacs.
  9. hampestampe

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Same situation here, they just arived. I have not opend the box though, but now it's time fore to compare them to some other gear I've got.
  10. hampestampe

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I don't like IEMS, but could not resist putting a order, took me close to two minutes to make the decision and press the "buy now" button. Now I just need a great usb-c dongle.
  11. hampestampe

I had mine since May 2021. I indeed, it's a great dac. Some small things, I do not like is that on/off/mute is on the same button, the display is often undimmed when it receives IR-signal, not ment for the Okto. The IR receiver in the dac needs a good, proper signal to work well, I have some...
  12. hampestampe

Mark Levinson No 5909 Headphone Review

This is how it looks like when i press them slightly together, similar presure like having them on head.
  13. hampestampe

This is my Sony XM3 and Mark Levinson 5909. The cup and the pads are more than double in the No5909. I don't known how much this differ from XM4. The distance is defenitly longer in 5909. The pads of the Sony becomes like 50% compressed when I put them on, the pads of the No5909 are soft enough...
  14. hampestampe

No professional tools, but ~42mm x 65mm.
  15. hampestampe

Well you are right, but i prefer leaving it home. I bet you did spend more then five minutes to pack it that perfect, otherwise you are a packing genius.
  16. hampestampe

I think the case is fine for traveling, as long as you leave the longest usb-c to 3,5 mm at home. So maybe not ideal for it's purpose.
  17. hampestampe

I've bought a pair of No5909 headphones in April. I' musr say I am a little disappointed about the maximum output of the volume when I connect my Android, Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra via USB-C. The USB-C volume set to max is equivalent to around 50% or less via Bluetooth. I want the best sound...
  18. hampestampe

Actually I have not had any drop outs when I use DPLL setting dp9, but I have just tested for like 60 minutes.
  19. hampestampe

Does anyone use the DO100 with LG OLED C7, or any other dirty bad toslink implementation. I've raised the DPLL setting to dp7, but still not solid lock on the signal, I giving up and just maxed it out to dp9. My Sabre-based Okto Research dac8 stereo did not lock either that's why I bought my...
  20. hampestampe

Ahh probably. Or maybe you wrote to them in the weekend, because I think Eliska answer e-mails in the weekends.
Top Bottom