Search results

1. pads

Outsider folk music

I've been on a bit of a search for more unknown folk artists of which there are many. Now lots are meh/overly earnest but once in a while you come across something special (to these ears anyway). Often these are put out in small runs, private press releases and can be a lot of fun to discover...
  2. pads

Travel speaker

Soon my wife and I will be off to Holland for a long overdue visit to her family and from there some walkabout to who knows where, we'll be gone for 3 months. We are both music junkies and I'll be bringing my iPad with me, I've been looking for a good small speaker to match. There are many and...
  3. pads

Grails

I'm a big fan of older British folk music, in particular on vinyl (I know, be nice) think Sandy Denny, Bridget St. John, Fairport Convention etc.. For many years I've coveted Shelagh MacDon ald's Stargazer but the price for original copies is just a little crazy. Finally found one that I could...
  4. pads

Old school audiophile wet dream auction

A collection to drool by..... http://www.lhuillierparis.com/en/catalog/123185?offset=0&
  5. pads

Jose Gonzales

I have a soft spot for him and have followed his progression from the beginning, his new album Local Valley is lovely, a return to form from his his excursions with Junip. Highly recommended.
  6. pads

I don't get it

What can this possibly do? https://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=tweaks&m=212517
  7. pads

Burning in

I've never understood this, I get some things needing to warm up to sound their best, tube amps for instance, but wire? Why would interconnects or speaker wire need 100 hours to sound their best? Is this, as I wholly expect, nonsense? It reminds me of direction arrows on interconnects as if the...
  8. pads

DIY Tube cage.

Annoyingly Audio Note does not supply a tube cage for their Cobra series, being somewhat paranoid and having grandkids I decided to give building one a shot after all, how hard could it be?.... Let's just say I learned a lot along the way however the upside was that I could use my own aesthetics...
  9. pads

Any lovers of ambient?

Personally I'm a big fan and have a whole section in my vinyl devoted to it, listening to this now.
  10. pads

I'm suspicious

This amp is popping up on several sites, very similar to the Schitt gear with an equally silly name. It promises miracles, regular price 799.00 but you can get it for 299.00...
  11. pads

Wild places, post em if you got em...

One of our favourite spots.
Top Bottom