Search results

1. pads

Outsider folk music

I've been on a bit of a search for more unknown folk artists of which there are many. Now lots are meh/overly earnest but once in a while you come across something special (to these ears anyway). Often these are put out in small runs, private press releases and can be a lot of fun to discover...
  2. pads

Travel speaker

Damn, the Minrig 4 looks perfect but wholly unavailable in Canada. Might wait till we hit Holland as they seem to be available in Europe.
  3. pads

Travel speaker

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the input. I can't handle earbuds, they drive me nuts, I will be checking your recommendations and see what I can best justify. We travel light so smaller the better.
  4. pads

Travel speaker

Soon my wife and I will be off to Holland for a long overdue visit to her family and from there some walkabout to who knows where, we'll be gone for 3 months. We are both music junkies and I'll be bringing my iPad with me, I've been looking for a good small speaker to match. There are many and...
  5. pads

Extreme Snake Oil

He clearly states "Halogeen" at the top of the page, the well known evil twin of Halogen. You don't want that stuff around....
  6. pads

The kit we bought, our current setups

A retirement gift to myself...
  7. pads

Jazz ♫ Music only | In the now, or recently, or that you love...

Have you listened to the one he does with Anita O'Day?
  8. pads

Absent for a While

I've gone a while as well, the last couple of years I've been winding down my business, retirement is hard! This last year has been incredibly stressful, closed the doors December 22, what a journey. Looking forward to taking time out, travelling and getting my wife back to Holland to visit her...
  9. pads

DIY Tube cage.

A new one! Kinda Art Nouveau, spent way to much time on it but I had fun.
  10. pads

Grails

I'm a big fan of older British folk music, in particular on vinyl (I know, be nice) think Sandy Denny, Bridget St. John, Fairport Convention etc.. For many years I've coveted Shelagh MacDon ald's Stargazer but the price for original copies is just a little crazy. Finally found one that I could...
  11. pads

What are we listening to right now..

https://freedomtospend.bandcamp.com/album/back-to-the-woodlands Highly recommended.
  12. pads

My Dog - pet thread

He's absolutely adorable.
  13. pads

My Dog - pet thread

Daan chillin to some tunes
  14. pads

Any lovers of ambient?

Zenso has a new one out, very nice.
  15. pads

Old school audiophile wet dream auction

A collection to drool by..... http://www.lhuillierparis.com/en/catalog/123185?offset=0&
  16. pads

Introduction to Audio Science Review YouTube Channel

I've been patiently waiting for a balanced, scientifically based banana review and I'm not leaving till I get one.
Top Bottom