Search results

1. C

Audio Interface recommendations for guitar & high impedance headphones

Hi, I am looking for recommendations on an all-in-one audio device (if such thing exists): - that I can plug my guitar into for digital effects & recording (with low latency) - has balanced outputs for near field monitors - can drive my headphones with ease (Sennheiser HD600, Beyerdynamic DT...
  2. C

Some thoughts on the AirPods Max?

I bought one this week. My main use case would be watching movies at night. I think for that use case, although expensive, they are really good. I installed tvOS 15 on my Apple TV and I'm loving the spatial audio with movies, especially if they have Dolby Atmos sound. However, I'm not sold on...
  3. C

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

MQA = Calzone? Not to mention you need to have a proprietary fork and knife to fully enjoy the Pizza. You can't simply grab a slice.
  4. C

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

Amazing, when and where can we see your findings?
  5. C

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Headphones Sennheiser HD600 Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro Bose NC 700 for travel and conference calls) Koss Porta Pro (MMCX modded), KPH30i, KSC75 IEM Etymotic ER4XR, ER2XR Shure SE535 JVC FDX1 Shozy Form 1.4 and a bunch of cheap stuff that I mostly regret buying Earbuds Apple Airpods 2 Smabat...
  6. C

Cheap 4.4mm balanced cable for HD650

I did a similar modification on a single ended headphone cable. I re-terminated it with a 4.4mm balanced plug. I used a multimeter to figure out which cable is which and worked fine in the end. But if you're not handy with a soldering iron, it may be tricky to solder the cable ends to the plug...
  7. C

Do headphones/earphones "scale with amping"?

Thanks a lot for the explanation, that makes sense.
  8. C

What changes in sound when you upgrade from an "inferior" amp to a high powered top-end amp if both can get the same headphones more than loud enough without any hint of distortion? (Let's say they both have good measurements and both are "neutral") i.e. Topping L30 to Topping A90 as an example...
  9. C

What does scales with amping mean? I see people always mentioning this about dynamic driver headphones. I have limited access to different amps, so I can't really test this by myself, and when I research it, so here I am in the Newbie section of this forum. If I have a headphone that can get...
Top Bottom