Search results

1. Mario Sanchez

QC Spook regarding the new KEF R Meta

Greetings, fellow members of ASR. I recently laid my eyes on the new KEF R Meta series, purchasing one R6 Meta unit first and ordering two more for LCR duty a few days back, which arrived earlier today. It was a pleasant surprise as the projected arrival time is quite a bit later this week, but...
  2. Mario Sanchez

Basotect distributors in Canada?

I'm a Canadian enthusiast looking to get some form of sound absorption to address serious echo issues between my side walls, which are ruining my side surround's performance. Primacoustics and other "established" acoustic treatment brands are outrageously expensive here relative to the area and...
  3. Mario Sanchez

Reasonably priced, bi-ampable speakers that are fun to fiddle with?

As much as I love a well-engineered speaker with neutral tonality and unending headroom as the next audiophile, there are times when one just wants to mess around with a cheap, mediocre one to see what can be done to improve said speaker. It's like modding a lada or other similarly mass-produced...
  4. Mario Sanchez

Do plugging ports affect frequencies beyond bass range?

We can see that some speaker ports tend to make some "noise" beyond their tuned frequency (e.g. JBL 7 series), thus affecting midrange performance. This left me rather curious: If one already has a sub catching the lower frequencies of their content, and hence *technically* don't need the extra...
  5. Mario Sanchez

NFS, Spinoramas, and non vertical/horizontal off-axis response

So, if my understanding is not mistaken, NFS can scan for the entire sphere across which the speaker is radiating energy and compute the far-field response at any point on that sphere, while the CTA2034 graph generated from the NFS scan uses *only* the 360 degrees horizontal and vertical...
  6. Mario Sanchez

Incremental updates on Genelec Designs

As the title suggests, usually what gets changed when the letter behind a genelec model number moves one place down the alphabet? I see that the change from 8351A to B was fairly significant in terms of drivers used, is this the norm? Additionally, is there a pattern as to how often does Genelec...
Top Bottom