Search results

1. Mario Sanchez

KEF R6 meta Measurements and Review

Thank you for that information, at least now I won't be voiding my warranty for no gain:D
  2. Mario Sanchez

Moondrop Lab

Moondrop really knows their tachie. On a completely unrelated note, who is this Nana7mi in your ID? Is it related to a certain headphone model that you particularly favor?
  3. Mario Sanchez

KEF R6 meta Measurements and Review

What can I say? Can't really nitpick even if I try, except a tiiiiiny thing... It appears that hor. beamwidth around 2KHz widens quite a bit in both the Reference 2 meta and the R6 meta, and the contour shows a bit of anomaly between there and 6 or 7KHz. This might have something to do with the...
  4. Mario Sanchez

TOPPING Audio Interfaces Coming soon!

There is P48, don't think there's digital I/O though, not on this device, maybe the bigger devices will have them?
  5. Mario Sanchez

TOPPING Audio Interfaces Coming soon!

Got a photo of the 2x2 interface's box here from one of their user groupchats: Slated retail price in China is somewhere under 1000RMB, plus shipping, taxes and whatnot, I expect US prices to be around 200USD.
  6. Mario Sanchez

Kef LF drivers: Reference vs R Series (pics)

According to their white paper, this inside basket is an apparent evolution of the usual "punctured cone" approach to connecting the VC former to the cone itself for when the cone profile doesn't permit a direct connection. There's basically unhampered air flow between the part of cone inside...
  7. Mario Sanchez

Kef LF drivers: Reference vs R Series (pics)

I once took a look inside my 2-driver R-series, which had woofers rated at 8 Ohm, so I postulate it might have to do with how many drivers KEF needs to wire for the LF part. Would I be correct in supposing that the 4 Ohm driver came from a R3 (Meta/Non M), and the 16 Ohm driver come from a...
  8. Mario Sanchez

TOPPING RA3 Amplifier(PA5 substitute?)

The power "knee" for 4Ohm is just shy of 100W, so a wee bit more, but not much more, definitely not up to Public Address level of power, but probably passable for home audio use. It's a TRS/XLR combo input, similar to what was on the LA90 series.
  9. Mario Sanchez

TOPPING "1U"

Yes they are. Somebody in that office was very pleased by them for the price. The rack gears are called RA3 and RD3, being respectively a DAC and a power amp, the DAC is pretty much the usual affair, and I should say that a stereo DAC occupying the whopping full width of a rack doesn't...
  10. Mario Sanchez

Can't decide between Neumann kh150 and kh310, help needed

Or you can get a mesh desktop! It's probably better this way, as desktop reflections, especially if you're listening at a close-ish distance, might have a variable effect on the response, depending on where you are in relation to the speaker. Needless to say, compensating for this moving...
  11. Mario Sanchez

PURIFI finally did a fully purified passive speaker design! The SPK 16 prototype is here - with a PTT tweeter

maybe because this is still somewhat in a "demo unit" stage? They might sort this out when it hits production, and besides, the screws are round-headed, so less influence versus cup-headed and others from a diffraction standpoint.
  12. Mario Sanchez

PURIFI finally did a fully purified passive speaker design! The SPK 16 prototype is here - with a PTT tweeter

I would also like to add that KEF has a much larger part around the tweeter built as a fixed "cup" rather than part of midrange diaphragm compared to usual coaxial designs, which may have helped alleviate the on-axis scrap we see so much on co-ax drivers. They probably patented this as a part of...
  13. Mario Sanchez

QC Spook regarding the new KEF R Meta

That would be a possibility, but if it did then I'll know what hit me, and the eventual RMA process would probably be faster with a known suspect.
  14. Mario Sanchez

I'll amend that my unit wasn't buzzing either, the sweep sounded conspicuously colored like my recently retired JBL 306P, which also had a THD rise in the upper mids section, and unlike the first R6M unit I received, which is what prompted the measurement.
  15. Mario Sanchez

It might have to do with KEF's fairly intricate design around the tweeter part of its drivers, which would give a tendency for particles stuck inside it to throw a proverbial brick into the operation of the system. It's just that there also happens to be particulates on the driver and the...
  16. Mario Sanchez

Yes, the particles appears to be sawdust, they are also quite fine in size.
  17. Mario Sanchez

The glitch has been resolved, so there needn't be a RMA case, but I am curious if there's a better way for end-users to report possible product concerns (I already included the SN, so if they wish to track it down it should be possible) to KEF. I am leaving country by the end of the week and...
  18. Mario Sanchez

KEF R Series with MAT white paper

Thank you! I'm trying to reverse the allpass behaviour of my R6Meta (now with a "s" for plurality) around the crossover, so this information is of great assistance.
  19. Mario Sanchez

Greetings, fellow members of ASR. I recently laid my eyes on the new KEF R Meta series, purchasing one R6 Meta unit first and ordering two more for LCR duty a few days back, which arrived earlier today. It was a pleasant surprise as the projected arrival time is quite a bit later this week, but...
  20. Mario Sanchez

KEF and their slopping response, neutral ?!

If I catch it right, somewhere along the line before the launch of the Blade and Reference Metas there's been a bit of a paradigm shift in KEF's engineering target, and now the goal is to provide as smooth of a sound power response as possible, while permitting some On-Axis/Listening Window...
Top Bottom