Search results

1. NYfan2

What is it with the KEF Blade (meta)?

I have heard the KEF Blade 1 meta now on several occasions and every time I'm impressed by the clean sound especially the lows. For me it feels like that they are completely ignoring room modes (which should be physically impossible). I heard KEF reference 5 meta, Kef R5 meta, KEF LS60 (these...
  2. NYfan2

Question about analog audio level vs digital audio level

I'm working as a volunteer at the local radio and TV station and there was a discussion about the correct level of the audio signal on TV programms. In the end there was a discussion/misunderstanding because one person was talking analog audio levels and the other was talking digital audio...
  3. NYfan2

coaxial speaker cable (built)

I'm in the process of building a set of loudspeakers and decided to make new loudspeaker cables for these speakers. On the internet I found the Mogani coaxial speaker cable and I liked the idea because it's different then the standard cables Mogani coaxial speaker cable. After a little search I...
  4. NYfan2

Power cable a-b-c sample test

Scroll down and watch the video on the alpha audio site: https://www.alpha-audio.nl/videocast/sample-test-yeti-reference-power-cables/ I link to the site so your opinion won't be biased ;) And for a good laugh read the comments on youtube.
  5. NYfan2

Loudspeaker cable test and comparison

Dutch online audio site Alpha-audio did an extensive test of loudspeaker cables in the price range around € 900,- (1 cable was more expensive). First they tested all cables and after that a blind listening test was done by 2 other people who didn't see the test results. The one who did the...
  6. NYfan2

Balanced XLR cable for Sennheiser HD600/650/6xx etc.

I wanted a balanced cable for my HD600 because the SMSL SH-9 that I use has balanced out. This is a description how to built a (highend :p) balanced cable. (maybe this has been posted before but I couldn't find a recent post) Step 1: buy a headphone cable for a Sennheiser HD650 According to the...
  7. NYfan2

Headband for PhilipsFidelio X2

The rubber liner of the headband of my Philips Fidelio X2 starts to degrade. Does anybody know if it is possible to buy a replacement headband? Preferably somewhere in the EU.
  8. NYfan2

Biased reviewers because of marketing/availability of products

I have noticed that companies who spend a lot on marketing and/or are widely available in general get raving reviews even despite the fact that the products are not great (ofcourse not on ASR), some examples are Audioquest and NAD/Bluesound. Why is that? Is it pure a commercial issue, bad...
  9. NYfan2

Chip shortage will begin to ease in the third or fourth quarter of 2021

Interesting article about how the world wide chip shortage was caused and how the manufacturers react to fix it. https://spectrum.ieee.org/chip-shortage
  10. NYfan2

Live high end streamer test/comparison 9 may 2021, 10:30 CET

The Dutch online audio magazine Alpha audio is organising a live test of 3 high end streamers, the MSB Discrete, the NAIM ND555 + PS555 and the Grimm MU-1 with the Mola Mola Tambaqui (best DAC ever tested on ASR!), the loudspeakers are the Grimm Audio LS1be. So that's a very interesting setup...
  11. NYfan2

New from the Netherlads KADaudio K7 loudspeakers

One of the dutch online audio magazines is interviewing small audio stores/manufacturers to give them some extra attention during the covid pandemic and the problems that they face (we are more or less in a total lockdown again since the 3th week of december). This week they had an interview...
  12. NYfan2

From a quality point of view, does it make sense to DIY loudspeakers?

I can understand that it is fun and that you can save money when you built your own loudspeakers. But looking at the resources and knowledge that companies like JBL, Revel, Focal and many others have and use to design their products I wonder if the quality of a diy loudspeaker can even come...
  13. NYfan2

Is Purifi audio a game changer?

I was already impressed by the Purifi 1ET400A class D-amplifier but after I saw the interview that Erin from ErinsAudioCorner had with Lars Risbo from Purifi I was even more impressed...
  14. NYfan2

New on ASR from the Netherlands

Hi, my name is Marc, I'm from the Netherlands. A short introduction. I've been working in the professional audio and light business for 30 years, the first 7 years as a fulltime job and after that parttime. In 2005 I started my own business but most of it is in professional lighting, a small...
Top Bottom