Search results

1. NYfan2

Kef LS60 and Room correction?

Or you use a MiniDSP DDRC-22D for the room correction, then you don't have an extra A-D conversion, use the sub out on the LS60 for the subwoofer. I asked the question about PEQ to a KEF representative, his advice was to use Roon. Also KEF thinks that for the average user the settings in the...
  2. NYfan2

Are Monoprice 108248 and AV:Link M8S the same subwoofer?

I would be surprised if this isn't made in the same Chinese factory. But maybe somebody has more inside information.
  3. NYfan2

Extreme Snake Oil

The article is very clear: "Maybe you’re one of the enlightened listeners out there" So we are definetly not the enlightened listeners that all this stuff is made for! Well good thing about not being an enlightened listener is that we save ourself a lot of money ;)
  4. NYfan2

Alpha audio just presented new measurements.

I used to read the reviews on Alpha Audio because especially Jaap liked neutral sounding speakers like Revell and Grimm Audio and I liked his honest reviews, but lately there is more and more BS on Alpha audio, better sounding cables, better sounding switches etc. Most irritating is that they...
  5. NYfan2

There went the last lingering threat of my respect for this outfit…

Here we go again, another firm that discovered that the easiest way to make money in audio is to sell cables :facepalm: Very cheap to make, almost no risk of failure (how often did your cables break down) and the fools believe you when you claim it is the best sounding cable.
  6. NYfan2

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

A few months ago when there was a demo of the new KEF R-series and the KEF representative also connected the LS60 and Blades I actually asked if there was a possibility for PEQ in the LS60 to address room modes. Answer from the KEF representative: Wow, then you really need to know what you are...
  7. NYfan2

Focal Kantana 3 vs B&W 804 d4 - which would be less bright/fatiguing?

Having heard both (different times, different places) I choose the Focal Kanta 3 anytime over the B&W. If just focussing on the highs and listening fatigue I can understand that somebody prefers the B&W although for me it's definitely not the best sounding speaker.
  8. NYfan2

Gaia speaker cables from ESPIRIT and the review by Alan Sircom - a fun read :P

Not sure if I have to laugh after reading the review, it's so much b*llsh*t and some people will believe it and buy this cables. Only thing he is right about is that everybody nowadays wants to sell cables because there is no easier way to earn a lot of money, production is cheap, uncomplicated...
  9. NYfan2

What is it with the KEF Blade (meta)?

Blade one is € 35000,- for a set overhere, that's € 9000,- more then the Blade 2 so that's a big gap.
  10. NYfan2

Ofcourse subjective opinion but I liked the Confidence 30 a bit more then the Reference 3 that I heard, a better comparison would be the reference 5 because these are the same price as the Confidence 30. But like I said I heard the Reference 3 and most noticable difference was the bass that was...
  11. NYfan2

I heard the Vivid Giya once but that was in a very big room with (too) many people, although I liked what I heard I didn't have time to get a very good impression. The dealer where I heard the KEF also sells Vivid so I'll check if they plan to do a demo with the Vivids, that will be interesting...
  12. NYfan2

I have heard the KEF Blade 1 meta now on several occasions and every time I'm impressed by the clean sound especially the lows. For me it feels like that they are completely ignoring room modes (which should be physically impossible). I heard KEF reference 5 meta, Kef R5 meta, KEF LS60 (these...
  13. NYfan2

That's what I have now, a Denon AVR with audyssey, but the LS60 have HDMI-ARC in so that would make the AVR obsolete, unless you keep the AVR and go analog in to the LS60 which for me feels like having a towtruck for my new car ;). Then it's better to go for AVR, passive LS50meta and 2 subs...
  14. NYfan2

I asked a KEF representative if there is an option for PEQ to address roommodes, (both representatives present went: Whoah, then you need to know what you are doing :cool:) their advise is to use Roon and use the PEQ in Roon. I can agree for that when you are streaming music but I guess that...
  15. NYfan2

A bit subjective but I still want to share my experience. Lately I attended a demonstration where the new KEF R series Meta were announced, I was not that much impressed with the demo of the R-series but after the official part there was a very interesting "unofficial part". First the LS60 were...
  16. NYfan2

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

The size is a personal preference depending on the shapes of your ear. I believe I use the medium size.
  17. NYfan2

To be honest I don't hear a difference between tips as long as the fit is good. When the tips are too small -> no bass When the tips are inserted too deep in my ear -> muffled sound
  18. NYfan2

Yep, same here, I had the problem pretty fast and could not solve it. I swapped tips to Moondrop spring tips.
  19. NYfan2

Magico S3 NFS Spinorama and comparison to Revel F228Be

Last year I heard Magico M2 at a Hifi show, I was pretty impressed how they sounded. And Magico was one of the few brands who did a lot of room treatment with acoustic panels and the Dutch salesperson also mentioned the room modes that affected the bass sound depending on where you were in the...
  20. NYfan2

Grimm?

I heard the Grimm LS1 BE twice now in different rooms and there was a big size difference between the rooms. Both times I was very impressed, very clean sound. Nowadays they advice not to place the base units under the speaker but to find the best location in the room. Price is crazy. I have...
Top Bottom