Search results

1. jimboaz

SMSL M400 Balanced USB MQA DAC Review

It does a LOT if you can hear
  2. jimboaz

SMSL M400 Balanced USB MQA DAC Review

Adding a Topping P50 Power Supply takes it to another level...
  3. jimboaz

SMSL DO300 DAC Review

But they probably have seen them and HEARD them
  4. jimboaz

VMV D1se2 Stereo DAC Review

Exactly - They say - if I can't taste it, see it , hear it or feel it, it must be the same result for everyone else or it just doesn't exist.....lol
  5. jimboaz

SMSL D400 Pro Balanced DAC Review

Right I jumped to the end and thought I wasn't in a dac review thread......bored people?
  6. jimboaz

And you get a headphone amp, along with both XLR & RCA lineouts can be used as a preamp if needed for a power amp or powered speakers.
  7. jimboaz

I think you could put Sony in the same club
  8. jimboaz

They fear the Chinese stuff will be as good or better then the $50-100k stuff they peddle... Like the $600 Topping Preamp compared to the$16K Pass Labs.... The reviewer couldn't tell the difference so he bought the Topping though...actually 3 of them !!!
  9. jimboaz

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

Exactly and same logic as those paying $10K for a watch whose time accuracy can be met by a $20 Timex
  10. jimboaz

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

You can't make any serious judgements about a speaker 1 hr old. Yes these sound MUCH better with at least 2-3 weeks break in....as most do. Also these respond to better upstream gear. I've gone up in many steps from $100 DAC's to $800 Dacs and the positive difference was clearly shown by these...
  11. jimboaz

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

Or the inevitable "my topping broke after 3 months" thread ;) Well Having owned 15+ various Topping, SMSL, FX Audio etc pieces, I've only had problems with one SMSL A300 amp power switch. As a matter of fact my first Topping piece I purchased - a Topping VX1 2x25W Class T Amplifier with USB...
  12. jimboaz

Maybe he lives in one of the States that still has $7.25/hr Federal minimum Wage - LOL
  13. jimboaz

Never unless its a junked up unit
  14. jimboaz

SMSL SU-6 Review (Desktop DAC)

Ad me to the D50 is OK list - no problem in 2+ years
  15. jimboaz

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

I own the SA300 and a bunch of other Topping & SMSL amps. I recently bought the SMSL AO200 for more power but I too really like the sound of the new German 12070 chip. I'm hanging on to the SA300 I like it so much compared to anything else - except the AO200.
  16. jimboaz

SMSL HO200 Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Really - so what is soo much better - and why - for the price???
  17. jimboaz

Wolf's Measurements of SMSL M200 DAC

I think it is VERY under-rated sonically - for those interested here is a pretty thorough sonic review - https://soundnews.net/sources/dacs/smsl-m200-dac-review/
  18. jimboaz

Wolf's Measurements of SMSL M200 DAC

Extremely well researched and written response!!!
Top Bottom