Search results

1. N

Headphones suggestion for listening to a reel-to-reel

Hello all, This is another dumb question, so please be patient with me. I am getting a reel-to-reel and I am wondering if there is a difference between headphones used for listening to DAC/AMP and streamed music versus two channel stereo delivered from a reel-to-reel machine. I will...
  2. N

Recommendation for a DAC for Stax SRM-006ts

Hello all, I have a new Stax L700 MK2 and getting a Stax SRM-006ts energiser. I was recommended with Chord Qutest or 2Qute, but the price of these is a bit high for me. Any other DAC you can steer me towards? I am planning to primarily use it with streaming from my MacBook Pro. Thanks!
  3. N

Streamer advice for a newbie

Hello all, I did not listen to someone's advice (that I do not need any DAC, nor anything more than HD 600) and ended up with STAX DRM-D50 and L700MK2. I am connecting to ask for some guidance on what could do things better if I get a streamer. I will be listening with connecting my DRM-D50 to...
  4. N

Choosing between Senheiser HD600 and HD6XX

Can someone help me choosing between HD600 and HD6XX? The 6XX from drop appears to be cheaper however a few extra bucks should not spol the party. Thanks for your help!
  5. N

DAC and/or AMP for Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed

Hello all, I need some help and guidance. I opened my Aeon 2 Closed and plugged them into my MacBook Pro. I will be honest - I have tried before using Topping DX3 Pro with Senheiser HD 600, but I did not quite experienced much difference from just using my laptop. I liked teh sound of my new...
  6. N

Comparison between AEON 2 Closed and Senheiser HD600

Hello, I am not really well educated on headphones however I am looking for that one set that will "fit all". I am between AEON 2 closed and a Senheiser HD600. Why? Because I bought an AEON 2 closed but think that it is just too much for me and consider selling and getting cheaper Senheiser...
  7. N

Education on DAP

Hello all, I need some guidance. I see these products and I am unsure about them. What are these players used for and what is the difference from listening music on a mobile phone? Some of them are quite expensive. Also, do I need a special cable to connect my headphones Dan Clarke AEON2? Thanks!
  8. N

Combo DAC/AMP Recommendation

Hello all, I am reaching out to ask for some recommendations about what combo DAC/AMP should I consider for my new AEON 2 CLOSED. Anything that will improve the sound coming from my MacBook Pro. I would potentially do £300-£400 Thanks!
  9. N

All-round headphones suggestions

Hello all, I need your help. I had a pair of HD600 however got complains from my famili they can hear my music. Also, I did not quite get used to the fact that I am getting non-leather cushions. I am seeing some options for Audeze LCD-2 closed and Focal Elegia. Will I compromise much for going...
  10. N

DAC/Am Options for Senheiser HD600

Hello all, I am planning to get a pair of HD600 and I am shopping for an AMP/DAC. Thinking about these Topping DX7 Pro (because of the bluetooth and good reviews) Jotunheim 1 with multibit Magni/Modi Stack iFi iDSD Black Label Is it worth going to the Topping DX7 Pro or the iFi for this pair...
  11. N

Stax SRM-D50 Opinions

Hello all, I am planning to go for the Stax SR-L500 earspeakers (cannot afford the 007 ones) and was wondering whether the DAC/AMP Stax SRM-D50 is a good way to go. Very little is out there for that unit. Appreciate your opinions. Cheers!
  12. N

Unsure about how a DAC helps after a built in DAC

Hello, I need some guidance. Can someone educate me on something? If I am going to listen to music from a laptop, the latter already has a DAC (yes, not the greatest). What I am unclear about is what does a DAC hooked up to the laptop help with - a DAC after a DAC. Do I really need a DAC past...
  13. N

Some ideas for a DAC/AMP under GBP 200

Hello all, I need some help and apologies for the boring question. I have new Senheiser HD 600 and I am looking for ways to listen to better quality music coming from my MacBook Pro or streaming from my iPhone. Unsure whether this is some marketing tricks but it appears Schiit and Topping are...
Top Bottom