Search results

1. T

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

For those who haven't tried the REW measurements and settings with Dutch 8c, please do so as it really makes a BIG difference. The setup is much easier than I expected and the results are really good. Bass booming all gone!
  2. T

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

I have been using Mutec MC3 usb for converting USB to AES and it is doing a fine job.
  3. T

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

I just found I got the same behaviour as well. Do we need to do manual update from now on and how will D&D let us know? 8c is a great speaker but these days D&D’s communication has been poor. No transparency about the software updates and product (accessories) roadmap at all. Moreover, I asked...
  4. T

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

I am also on 1.3.12 and with "unknown". Pretty frustrating with the long wait for Roon update and also the other accessories (speaker stands, "kii control")...
  5. T

BACCH4Mac Pro Edition - For those considering BACCH

I just want to chime in that I am a happy user of BACCH4Mac (even though my 8gb MacBook Pro struggle with it). I can’t hear the “circling” effect most likely due to my room but the results are pretty amazing. I am tempted to go for the hardware version to save the hassles of messing with...
  6. T

BACCH4Mac Pro Edition: a report

Thanks for sharing! Still waiting for the delivery of BACCH4Mac and great to know you are impressed apart from the bass issues
  7. T

How is your impression of adding BACCH to your systems so far except from the bass issue?
  8. T

No worries at all as I still don’t really know what to expect. I was pretty calm when making the purchase but now getting more and more excited especially seeing other getting the BACCH-SP.
  9. T

I am using Dutch 8c and can’t imagine how it can be improved further a lot (it is such a great speaker already!). Your sharing is what inspired me to purchase BACCH4Mac blindly and i trust you mate.
  10. T

I just bought BACCH4Mac without any trial listening as well and it should arrive in 2 weeks. It is a leap of faith but I trust all the positive comments here (also encouraged by your move to buy BACCH SP without trying) and also the marvellous customer service from Theoretica to proceed with...
  11. T

You are right that I shall try u-BACCH anyway as there is no re-stocking fee. Yet I wanted to know what to expect when comparing to the full version as otherwise if I am not impressed with u-BACCH then I will think the whole line-up is just another over-blown product.
  12. T

So do you think it is good to try u-BACCH in order to evaluate whether worthy to buy BACCH4mac? U-BACCH has no restocking fee and so seems much “safer” for trial.
  13. T

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

Oh sorry I just realised you wrote a long piece for your BACCH experience. Will read through the thread and thanks for writing it.
  14. T

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

Are you using Mac version or hardware version? I know very difficult to “justify” but do you think it is worth it? Already the 8c sound amazing and can’t help to think how to improve it even better.
  15. T

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

Also I remember someone is using BACCH with it. It is really a heavy investment but I can’t help to think how it can further improve the sound. There is no dealer or demo available here and I can’t justify “blind buy” it to try at all.
  16. T

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

I don’t really care about DSD actually, just happened to have the sacd player on hand and most of my collections are CD & they are ripped already. So what bugs me now is how to connect the Mac mini acting as roon server to the speakers is the best. Roon support is not out yet and even it is I am...
  17. T

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

That’s what I have been doing. But I am looking for how to best connect the speakers in a all digital way to avoid D->A->D. I thought about the dcs network bridge but really wonder whether it is worth the cost.
  18. T

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

Just a sacd player analog balanced out to aes
  19. T

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

no worries mate. Just want to see whether such dual AES can be utilised by 8c. I finally got the 8c after a long wait and have been looking at how to make it even better.
  20. T

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

I was asking as I am not sure what it means by “each outputs PCM at up to 24 bit 192kS/s or DSD/64 in DoP format. Used as a Dual AES pair, the interface outputs PCM at up to 384kS/s, DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DoP format.” from the spec. You are right not sure whether it is worth the price... I am...
Top Bottom