Search results

1. G

$500 amplifiers to test and review?

how are you doing the DSP and multi channel output? This is the question being grappled with on the ASR Streamer thread too
  2. G

Premium Audio Mini Gan 5 Balanced Power Amplifier

The manufacturer’s own measurements aren’t anything amazing (see post #4), so independent measurement would only be to confirm they are not even worse than this. Price is low for the power on offer so it has a place in the value chain, but are you hoping the amp measures even better?
  3. G

Device for Equal Loudness/Fletcher Munson Curve? Do Any Speakers Adapt to This?

moOde can do this too - basically the same approach that the RME ADI DAC used has been incorporated.
  4. G

Beolab 28

The technical PDF at the bottom is interesting too
  5. G

Speaker Recommendation - Small Room

Linkwitz LX minis are great in smaller rooms, if you don’t mind some DIY Linkwitz Labs
  6. G

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

I’ve got moOde running: - moOde on an RPi3B - camilladsp setup to do active crossover, EQ and convolution. (Crossover, eq and channel maps all setup from within MoOde’s GUI) - 8 channel output to a minidsp UDIO-8 plugged into the USB port (it has an Xmos 208 inside. Linux sees it as a...
  7. G

Agree completely. Going back to Amir's opening post, I've had a go at summarising what has unfolded over the last 16 pages, for the 2 channel and 8 channel options. TLDR: 2 channel is largely solved with Moode/CamillaDSP and existing hardware that can be done for low cost yet high SINAD...
  8. G

Pi4 doesn’t need cooling for audio - I have one without any heat sink at all that does audio and runs a 4k photo slideshow simultaneously and it’s fine.
  9. G

I see it a bit differently. The mini computer (rpi, etc) with software (moode, which includes Camilladsp) and a 2 channel output (USB or hat dac) is solved technically and I think we are at the point of discussing aesthetics. - multiple boxes hooked to a computing device that runs Moode...
  10. G

Is there a tube amp worth getting?

I have a Eddie Current Zana Deux, which is one of the highly regarded single ended tube OTL amps for high impedance cans. Head-fi and SBAF speak very highly of these FWIW. I do happen to be selling it as I’m downsizing. Comes with lots of tubes for tube rolling too - if you’re interested drop...
  11. G

WTS:Micro Audio Smps For Purifi

have you got some photos?
  12. G

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

Minimum order quantity of 500 from parts express. Googling I found Components-Shop.hk which has 2600 in stock and suggesting a price of $7.19 each. Each BXT module has 8 drivers (4 front, 2 each side, zero on the back), so this would be circa $150 for 2 BXTs of drivers and several times that...
  13. G

EQ Compensation due to hearing lost?

The hearing test is just a series of different frequency beeps in each ear that you press a button to capture when you can hear it, generating a threshold of hearing curve. it’s a really simple test and the only challenge is generating a known reference volume. I haven’t tried any but there are...
  14. G

Cheapest possible 6ch USB sound card that works with Win 10 ?

@Jose Hidalgo any measurements or feedback regarding the quality of the AliExpress box? Can you hear hiss from your speakers when you turn the amp up without a signal?
  15. G

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

I use a decent espresso machine - a very cool coffee “computer” that allows full control over the temperature, pressure and flow rates to create a lot of different types of coffee. Depending on how deep you want to go there can be a significant learning curve for sure, but once you get the hang...
  16. G

Stand-alone. Simple to try as you can just download the image from the website and copy it to an SD card. Same as volumio and others - once it can be seen on your network you can use a webpage to control it direct and it also appears as a destination target for airplay/Spotify etc if you...
  17. G

whilst in an ideal world everything would be free and open, reality is that it isn’t and at times a closed source binary that adds functionality is the lesser of two evils. There are a lot of audio/media projects available for Linux with Roon/Spotify/etc and and they have been working fine...
  18. G

For the streamer, Moode has just been updated to version 7.10 which includes the CamillaDSP fully embedded. https://moodeaudio.org This should pretty much tick most of the software boxes and is compatible with a lot of different hardware.
  19. G

Google failed me - what is a V1 KTB?
Top Bottom