Search results

1. H

AKG K371 Impressions

I can save the rubber coating they used on old Nikon like the N90's film door with talcum powder. It will last awhile, maybe a couple years....but it sucks to have to do it.
  2. H

Best sounding full-size closed-back...

I got nothing other than I use EQ settings to closer match Harmon with my ATH-M50X's. I really like them EQ'd that way. Got some DT770's on the way and curious how they sound.
  3. H

AKG K371 Impressions

Thanks! I'll wait until I can handle a pair before I make a decision.
  4. H

AKG K371 Impressions

I read that the plastic parts of the K371 are rubberized. Are they rubber or that rubber like coating that you see on older cameras and some electronics? Just curious because if it what it sounds like, I have had bad luck with that coating getting sticky/tacky over time. Asking because I might...
  5. H

Review and Measurements of HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro

I remember looking at the specs way before I heard of ASR and the HiFIBerry DAC+ Pro was better. I have been pretty blown away by it, especially since it was so cheap to set up. All less than $100.
  6. H

The Sprout is an integrated amp and has a DAC, the HiFiBerry is just a DAC, no amp, just line out. I had the HiFiBerry before I owned the Sprout running into another amp so I just kept using the line outs. Plus the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro handles DSD, which the Sprout doesn't
  7. H

Archel 2 Pro and headphone ohm.

I got the itch to buy an uncolored or close to amp, and also want to support a US company. I have a couple Schiit amps, a Magni 3, and an Asgard v1. The Magni I am giving to my brother-in-law, so I want to replace it. For the replacement I am looking at the Schiit Heresy or the Archel 2 Pro. I...
  8. H

I have been running a Pi3 with the DAC+Pro and Volumio to a PS Audio Sprout for a few years. Been flawless.
  9. H

No, but I am setting up a rig in the living room and was looking at giving them a try.
  10. H

Still looking, but for now the ATH-M50X are my favorite closed backs for under $200. They also EQ really well.
  11. H

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

It's not metal. I am old....I like things that are made of metal. :)
  12. H

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

I'll be keeping my Magni 3, but would easily recommend this if someone was looking for a headphone amp. My main issue is the plastic build. I know it makes no difference, but for me it is a step down in build compared to the Magni 3. I just like the feel and look of metal. Other than that, I...
  13. H

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

Still digging my D10.....use it about 6 hours a day/5 days a week since I got it. Zero issues.
  14. H

I had way too much time on my hand today, so I looked up Qspi and spi. In a nut shell ether Topping got an insane deal on spi for the 1806 over the Qspi used in 1801-1805 or they messed up and ordered the wrong batch. Because from what I can find the cost for Qspi and spi W25Q40CLSNIG is the same.
  15. H

I came back from an errand and brought the comp out of sleep, started to play music, and nada...nothing. D10 showed the rate etc.....I rebooted....still nothing. Then I saw my amp was off. Back to drinking. :facepalm:
  16. H

The new firmware fixed it for me also......:D
  17. H

I'll wait till an official release is posted and you guys break it. :)
  18. H

Good job....! This is a great DAC and I will be glad when they iron this issue of once and for all.
  19. H

I did not have the issue with the D10 even after the patch. But Like an idiot, I reset my custom Windows 10 power settings and was able to duplicate the D10 sleep/freeze. After setting my power settings back, the D10 still sleep freezes.
  20. H

It's a great DAC for dirt cheap. I am sure they will iron it out.
Top Bottom