Search results

1. Y

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

I agree with @ReaderZ, $50 is the max for me for utilitarian cables, even for expensive headphones. For comparison, Sennheiser's replacement cable for HD650 is $10 around where I live.
  2. Y

I would classify the cable as passable. Connectors are a bit less smooth than the original ones. But all the non-Aliexpress cable makers price HD800 cables very high, so I would buy this one again. And, of course, I would never buy the original cable only to have it disintegrate in the same way.
  3. Y

2 years so far. Some minor cracking on the strain relief on the headphone connectors, the cable itself shows no signs of aging.
  4. Y

When shopping for a used pair, I have seen this issue repeatedly. Seems to be a case of a bad material. I do not believe in sonic properties of cables, so I bought an AliExpress cable. That was the only one not priced at excessive premium to match the headphone price.
  5. Y

Interesting new Moondrop product- DSP equipped IEM cable

I have one of them (JIU) and I did not notice them to be noisy. I may not have golden ears, though...
  6. Y

IEM with ANC for small ears

Samsung Galaxy Buds 2: Nozzle diameter: 5.7mm. Sizes for SpinFit tips are below. The smallest Samsung tips are too big for me, SS SpinFits are good.
  7. Y

IEM with ANC for small ears

By "small ears" do you mean the size of the earbud enclosure, or the tip that goes inside the ear? I had the second issue. At the moment I am using Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 with SpinFit CP1025 extra small tips.
  8. Y

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

One of the advantages of this one over DX3 (all generations) is that one can finally switch between gain levels without a need to have the remote around ;)
  9. Y

Moondrop enters the OE headphone market

Crinnacle has published measurements for Moondrop Void (the dynamic ones): https://crinacle.com/graphs/headphones/graphtool/?share=Harman_AE_OE_2018_Target,Void
  10. Y

Electric toothbrushes

For receding gums, my dentist recommended using the sonic toothbrush but was against using the non-sonic electric ones.
  11. Y

Dyson "air purifying" headphones?!?!?!

Someone released the info two days early ;-)
  12. Y

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

After a long search I have finally found a nice connector that can be used to build a relatively comfortable cable for these headphones. Producer's website. I got the version with standard cable opening, which turned out to be somewhat limiting in the cable choice. In the end I used an old...
  13. Y

Adding pre out/main in to an old amplituner.

I am somewhat ashamed to admit that I can not figure out where exactly does the preamp section end in my case. Is the "taking signal out of the volume pot" a good approach, or should it be somewhere further down the signal path...
  14. Y

Adding pre out/main in to an old amplituner.

Hi I am looking into adding room correction and hopefully sub integration to my existing system. In the present, I am running DENON DRA1000 amplifier, with an active sub wired to the speaker terminals using the high input. I would like to try out running MiniDSP 2x4HD. Since the amp does not...
  15. Y

Lower Cost Stereo Receivers - excluding AV units

Category of stereo receivers seems to be the area where there is a lot of selection in used gear, and not a lot available in the new gear. It also happens to be the category that fits into my needs perfectly. At the moment my living room is based around Denon DRA-1000, which seems to be the top...
  16. Y

Headphones around the $200 with 'FUN' sound signature.

To make things clear: the headband was creaking only when I was vigorously walking. I have used them for commuting by train without issues for some time.
  17. Y

This seems to be very personal. I had Meze 99 (Noir version) and I had several comfort issues: My ears touching the drivers, elastic headband making noise as I was walking. Despite my best attempts at EQing them, I never was able to get a really good sound out of them either.
  18. Y

Are you looking for open or closed headphones? Do you care about the necessity for an amp?
  19. Y

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

I understand that the 100Hz peak is part of the intentional tuning. That said, did you try EQing it to the target curve and comparing subjective listening impressions?
  20. Y

MASSDROP Sennheiser HD58X JUBILEE Review (Headphone)

@amirm Would you prefer these or HD650 / HD6XX?
Top Bottom