Search results

1. Patrick1958

Tower speaker recommendations under €1500

Magnat floorstanders. Heco floorstanders. Teufel Theater 500 floorstander Teufel Ultima 40 active floorstander.
  2. Patrick1958

Anti-War Songs

Culture Club - The War Song :
  3. Patrick1958

Windows 10 Sound Settings?

Windows sound manager -> Speaker Topping D30 pro -> properties -> Advanced - > 24 bits, 44100 Hz exclusive Using (windows) Wasapi or (topping) Asio driver the dac will default to the file source.
  4. Patrick1958

Covid after vaccination

My neighbors are a retired couple in their seventies both vaccinated. During this pandemic only their daughter was allowed to visit but had to wear a facemask for the brief moments she was in the house. No one of their other children and/or grandchildren or family were allowed to visit. The...
  5. Patrick1958

Headphones around the $200 with 'FUN' sound signature.

I can not, i do not own the SPH9500/9600:oops:
  6. Patrick1958

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

The Hifiman HE400SE Non stealth.
  7. Patrick1958

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

Did you activate the remote by pressing 3 sec on the know labeled A/B or C. Can't remember exactly.
  8. Patrick1958

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

FACT : If you were to ask me what my favorite headphones are my answer would be Senn HD 6XX and HD 700. FACT : The veiled Senn HD 650 with new (chinese) earpads sound like a different headphone compared to the Senn HD6XX. I'm not saying less treble, i'm saying lack of treble. FACT : I'm not here...
  9. Patrick1958

Scroll to bottom part : The Veil… [insert ominous music]. Add to that the new (chinese) earpads = end result a headphone with very poor treble. Top that with Sennheiser HD 700 poor quality earpads, they torn after few months where pleather and velour meet, are melted together (3 pairs in 18...
  10. Patrick1958

How big a chance is it to buy 2 and both have bad channel matching..... in my case 200%.
  11. Patrick1958

I no longer own it, returned.
  12. Patrick1958

Oratory measured one of my units (actually the very first HD 560s he measured), the unit with bad channel match he metioned to you. The second one was measured on flat plate (not sulderdude), the second one re-measured on the miniDSP EARS, both gave almost identical results.... poor channel...
  13. Patrick1958

Don't hold your breath. I've had two units, both measured different, both with channel imbalance:(
  14. Patrick1958

Correct Phase connection power cord

This tool from Essential audio is used to determine phase on the wall power sockets. This tool from Oehlbach is used to determine phase on electrical equipment (dac/amp).
  15. Patrick1958

Correct Phase connection power cord

With the use of a phase meter i connect the power cord from dac/amp etc everything in the chain in a correct manner. Now, theoretical what could happen when the powercords are not connected in phase. I doubt it could be audible, but how about measureable? Some insights appreciated ;)
  16. Patrick1958

Movies you like but others not !!!

The odd thing is : Movies with terrible critics i usually like, Movies with great critics i usually don't like.
  17. Patrick1958

What was your first “Stereo” like?

Not exactly stereo, but this was my first radio.
  18. Patrick1958

How do you feel about other people using your stereo?

Whatever she needs to do, except audio devices and speakers. I once saw her cleaning speaker baffles (back in the days she started) with with wet cloth and detergent o_O Numerous times when turning on the stereo, tv, desktop appliances there was no sound and/or image.... loose cables. On one...
Top Bottom