Search results

1. S

Dynaudio Heritage Special

I have used them. good service.
  2. S

Those of you who believe measurements aren't the whole story, do you have a hypothesis why that is?

Measurements are at best 30% predictors. People rely on their eyes to hear. That is a fact proven in peer reviewed study. Expectation bias rules all. If you blind test two speakers, and like one above the other consistently, but it is ugly and the other is beautiful, you will consistently...
  3. S

Retired and trying to simplify down to 2 channel only listening

wow! thanks a ton. the reference 5 looks like a winner if its in my budget. still looking for other recommendations, not necessarily reviewed with competent measurements, because large expensive speakers rarely are.
  4. S

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

that might get annoying after a while, but if I was a billionaire, I would consider it.
  5. S

Retired and trying to simplify down to 2 channel only listening

"THE WIRES," my wife cries, I am sick of all these wires. Who can blame her, I have two home theater setups each with 9 speakers plus 2 sub woofers. The other day I was accidentally listening in stereo only mode and was shocked when I discovered it. This made me think that maybe my old ears...
  6. S

Capital Audiofest -November 5th to 7th

Not sure I will attend this year. A lot of people in tight rooms.
  7. S

Dynaudio Special 40 - WTF!

Tired of pseudo science being used to prop up valueless opinion. No need to argue about it. A waste of time.
  8. S

Dynaudio Special 40 - WTF!

If you own them, feel free to comment, otherwise your opinion has zero value. Not a good value, zero value. My wife spends about 10k a month on clothes, to her, they are a good value. Chanel is expensive. Spending 3k on a speaker means nothing to some people and is a years income to others...
  9. S

Perlisten speakers

Made in China right? Oh well, let’s help the economy of the only nation he’ll bent on The total subjugation of its people. Wait, wait.. there is also NK
  10. S

RMAF 2021 - No JBL or Focal? Smaller this Year?

I went to 2019 show. About 40 listening rooms were active. Don’t know about the 2021 show. I really enjoyed the 2019 event.
  11. S

RMAF 2021 - No JBL or Focal? Smaller this Year?

Capital audiofest in rockville md this november. Worth a look.
  12. S

Some "interesting" claims by Pro-Ject re: their new CD transport box...

Only for mass market items. Boutique items have enormous price elasticity because of lack of competition and low startup costs for production. Look at fashion houses, very little difference between a Chloe bag and a Chanel bag, but Chanel commands a 5x price premium… it ain’t quality. I...
  13. S

Why SINAD is not important (article)

My take is that the article has academic merit but the title is pure journalism. Academic papers often have titles that run on for fifteen or more words. Changing the title to something like… an evaluation of the merits of using SINAD as a metric for audibility in typical listening...
  14. S

Love the YouTube channel, but many clueless and low-value comments there.

Meh. Seems like complaining about complainers to me. I love it.
  15. S

Your thoughts on the Rogue Audio Sphinx V2?

Sigh. iPad is not an ideal typing platform.
  16. S

Your thoughts on the Rogue Audio Sphinx V2?

Loved your summation of hi end audio. Keep up the goI’d work.
  17. S

New 110th Anniversary Denon products with "ULTRA AL32"

I have no problem achieving any volume I desire, from 0.0 to TURN IT DOWN dB. Maybe you have a defective unit. The volume control via the remote is smooth and linear.
  18. S

How Do I Keep My Apartment Neighbor From Hearing My Subwoofer?

And yet it is the only solution to not disturbing a connected neighbor. How is that classist? And why would one class be upset at another over offering consoling thoughts? Something is wrong.
Top Bottom