Search results

1. L

Amplification and The HE6se v2

THX 887 has been fine for me for these headphones on high gain pretty well cranked up though.
  2. L

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

"Worlds best cables" has a shop on amzn with a menu dropdown for xlr and trs, they have that cable in there too. A bit pricey but not outrageous, good warranties. I have an He6seV2 Adorama ed. here with my 887 and my smsl su9n is incoming. I'm just looking for great sound and have no technical...
  3. L

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Just ordered this so I'm interested if you've resolved your driver installation issues. Can you into more detail?
  4. L

Schiit Asgard 3 Headphone Amp & DAC Review

Yeah looks like 2v and usbc on product page specs. Very nice. Could pack it up with the macbook air for travel, plus my new mobo and itx chassis both have usbc. But will it be enough for my incoming he6sev2 adorama edition...
  5. L

Any objective testing on the Fiio Q3 THX AAA DAC/Amp?

I returned btr5 but am loving this Q3 thx amp with the Elegia. Fits in the HP case without anything pressuring anything else. Convenient puffy neoprene mesh pouch comes with the fiio. Directional usbc cable and lightning to usbc included. Waiting on a pentacon cable from etsy but I only got...
  6. L

So are the old 4490 units covered under warranty? I got another DAC and sort of forgot about it. I'd like a proper all-in-one though if they have that ability now.
  7. L

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Just bought the Monoprice THX AAA 887 Balanced Headphone Amplifier for $250 direct from Monoprice website. About 350 on amazon, 399 msrp. Read the review and testing! The link to product is on that page just below the measurements post. I believe I am done fooling with full-sized headphone amps...
  8. L

Any objective testing on the Fiio Q3 THX AAA DAC/Amp?

Just ordered this for my laptop, which has only two connections both usb-c. Wondering about objective measurements on this unit. Could not find any online. A couple of reviewers said it has audible hiss with sensitive iems. I will be driving Focal Elegia.
  9. L

Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Bookshelf Speaker Review

These pioneers were my babies for quite awhile, for a small bedroom and 43inch tv theyre perfect. I used these with an onkyo a9010 and when streaming 3.5mm input back when iphones had a jack. Great sound; almost made me stop buying CD's. Ha! Never! The pioneers are no worries if you listen to...
  10. L

Try another 1/4"??? I have this amp and one of my adapters didnt fit. Similar issue. Do you have any name brand adapters?
  11. L

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Had a similar reusable pod that made a near-espresso creme, coming out like a perfect americano basically, purple ones from walmart meant for keurig. Better to grind your own to avoid any grit in the cup.
  12. L

What headphones sound the most like speakers?

I haven't found angled drivers to really sound more or less like speakers than non-angled when listening to albums, but definitely when watching films thru an AVR. I guess it matters that I'm focused on that plane (the screen). Stereo is more immersive than surround for that same reason, imo.
  13. L

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Nice collection, welcome, hopefully they still make the grado hemp when I eventually get to open backs again. Just ordered the Elegia today given they are being discontinued and I felt like aiming for a softer "luxe" sound. Currently have Beyer T1.2 for albums, M40x for gaming and general use...
  14. L

Has anyone tried the Moondrop Aria?

KXXS was single dynamic driver. Not sure if they still make them. They're big couldn't wear for very long. Sound was great.
  15. L

Headphone and AMP/DAC recommendations

DX7Pro and Elex could be epic. I think last year the Elex went down to about $400 for the holidays.
  16. L

DAC/Amp for Aeon RT?

These HP are next on my list and am wondering if a JDS Atom will drive them? What about the new Fiio Q3 THX dac/amp on balanced pentacon?
  17. L

Monoprice Liquid Spark DAC by Alex Cavalli Review

Happy with mine after one months use.
  18. L

Focal Radiance

The synthetic suede from Dekoni is quite good, but not an ultra premium feel, just comfort. Temperature and pressure well managed. It is the reverse side of their protein leather, I think. Less firm foam with slower rebound.
  19. L

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

As Covid first hit (last April, I think) Lars Leonhard offered nearly his entire catalog free in high bitrate .aiff files via Bandcamp. I'm not usually into electronic, but gave it a shot and really quite impressed and can listen for hours. A real treat for me while holed up. Definitley a...
Top Bottom