Search results

1. quimbo

Toslink switch and TosLink/Coaxial SPDIF converter - Review and measurements

Only because i already had the device. I did just order this Digital Fiber Optic Toslink to 3.5mm Jack as I already have several 7 inch cables, and I will put the converter back in storage
  2. quimbo

The size and all the cables. None of the 3 devices used on this switch are used for my main listening BiFrost 2/64 DAC --> Lokius --> LYR 3 --> gjallarhorn --> AV123 ELT525M speakers DCA Aeon Closed, AKG 240, Sennheiser 250 and 540, a few others USB Input - Allo UsBridge Streamer, moode...
  3. quimbo

I bought this Amalink 3 Port Optical Switcher Splitter 3 in 1 Out, with 1 Way Spdif Toslink Optical Splitter/IR Remote Control Optical Switcher Splitter, 3 Port Spdif Toslink Optical Switch at amazon 2 weeks ago, looks the same, different company listed on the top of the device. Works well for...
  4. quimbo

Stream or own?

I currently have over 11,000 live concerts, mostly lossless, by artists that support the free trading of their music and 1000 + commercial releases I ripped from vinyl and CD's (looking into a cassette option) that I own spread across 17 TB of files. I play these files about 95% of the time and...
  5. quimbo

M-Audio BX3 Monitor Review

I recently picked up a pair of these for my work desktop for $90. Schiit Modi 3+ > Loki Mini > IEMagni. Speakers raised off the surface, 4 feet from ears, 6 feet apart. 3 different input sources, all lossless flac, differing bit-rates These are more than suitable for work where I am more...
  6. quimbo

Cute new schiit speaker amps

My Gjallahorn arrived last night and I added it to my home desktop chain BiFrost 2/64 > Lokius > Lyr3 >Gjallahorn. I have a pair of AV123 ELT525M speakers that have been in a closet for the last 10 or so years. Source is lossless flac streamed thru a Allo USBridge Sig via the BiFrost USB...
  7. quimbo

Schiit Modi+ DAC Review

I use this 4x1 SPDIF Digital Audio Switcher into a Schiit Bifrost. 1 - PC Audio (rarely used, youtube mostly) into Analog To Digital Converter using a ZU Audio 3.5 mm to RCA cable 2 - Shanling PCD300B CD Transport 3 - Android (phone or tablet, podcasts mostly) into USB to TOSLINK...
  8. quimbo

Desktop "rack"....

End game for my desktop setup. I can choose 6 sources for my BiFrost: USB - Allo UsBridge Sig Streamer Optical - Cowan Plenue Mk II 4 Coaxial choices using 4x1 SPDIF Digital Audio Switcher 1 - Computer headphone out (for videos, etc) using Analog to Digital Audio Converter 2 -...
  9. quimbo

Desktop "rack"....

Thank you for this, I ordered option B on 2/21, they arrived today 3/11. These are perfect for my Schiit BiFrost, Lokius, Lyr3 stack
  10. quimbo

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Thanks, that is what i though but was hoping it was wider. I have a similar acrylic stands for my setup at work for Modi - Loki - Mani. Looking for a similar one for home for BiFrost 2 - Lokius - Lyr3, not many options that i can find
  11. quimbo

How wide is the dac stand? Do you have a link for it?
  12. quimbo

Home Desktop: Allo USBridge Sig using the Volusonic Plugin --> Schiit BiFrost 2 --> Schiit Lokius --> Schiit Lyr 3 Speakers - JBL 308P MkII Headphones - SennHeiser HD540 Reference, DCA Aeon2, AKG K240 I have a Shanling PCD300B CD transport and a Cowan PLENUE2_Mark2 DAP that I feed into the...
  13. quimbo

Schiit IEMagni Review (Headphone Amplifier)

I like to have the choice when at my work desk between large over the ear headphones and iems, thats why I replaced my work magni, bonus is that it will be gifted as i don't like selling things (will also be gifting my home BiFrost when the BiFrost 2 finally ships)
  14. quimbo

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Ordering direct gets you a 15% discount on future orders. I have been using my new Aeon 2 Closed (with the perforated pads) for over a month now, no inserts, mostly from UsBridge Sig > BiFrost > Loki Mini > Lyr3. I wear them 6 to 12 hours a day depending on how many meetings I have. Very...
  15. quimbo

I purchased this second cable from Moon Audio - Blue Dragon V3 for Dan Clark Audio Headphones
  16. quimbo

The Fiio BTR5 easily powers the Aeon Flow Closed 2. I was disappointed that my Cowan Plenue MK II does not power it very well but am now delighted that I have a portable solution if I want one for the AFC2
Top Bottom