Search results

1. Olius

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Yes, @jhenderson0107 posted some on page 85: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/genelec-8361a-review-powered-monitor.28039/post-1112952
  2. Olius

Human Speakers 81 dk Review

Wharfedale Linton comes to mind. Erin measured it.
  3. Olius

jhenderson0107 posted some photos on page 85: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/genelec-8361a-review-powered-monitor.28039/post-1112952
  4. Olius

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

I did a quick search and it seems like if you want to do 4.1 the Motu 8D seems like a "low cost" alternative for that, as it has two AES3 outputs. I realised though that if you connect the subwoofer and the two front speakers with AES(1-2) and the two rear channels to AES(3-4) the subwoofer...
  5. Olius

A little too simple to be true I'm afraid. The version of AES that Genelec uses (AES3) supports up to two channels which means you can only connect two speakers in a series. So in order to do more channels than stereo you'll need an audio interface with more than one AES output.
  6. Olius

I went from a pair of analog Genelecs to a pair of 8351B. I do everything on them. I watch movies, I listen to music, I play fps games, I mix film sound, I occasionaly produce music. I can't say I've ever noticed the added delay in the digital Genelecs. Since I got the 8351Bs I also purchased a...
  7. Olius

Genelec M040 Review (Studio Monitor)

Yes. Plastic and Finnish wood fiber mix.
  8. Olius

Genelec M040 Review (Studio Monitor)

These were the first studio monitors I owned. I bought them way before I knew about speaker measurements. I had read subjective reviews online and I thought they sounded amazing in store but in retrospect it does seem like pure luck that I ended up with a pair that was as good as they have now...
  9. Olius

Genelec 9310B Volume Controller Review

There is so little information out there about this controller, so I made a video about it:
  10. Olius

Hedd Audio Type 07 MK2

If the AD conversion in the speaker is good enough, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, then using the analog input should be totally fine. My Genelec speakers have both AES and analog in and I heard no difference in audio quality when I switched to AES.
  11. Olius

Hedd Audio Type 07 MK2

AES is a digital audio format that typically uses XLR as its connector. The Universal Audio Apollo Twin does not have a digital audio output, only analog. Analog TRS out of the Apollo into the analog input of the speakers works as you noted. The AES input on the speakers expect digital audio...
  12. Olius

Genelec has now quoted this review on their instagram :)
  13. Olius

Need advice, Genelec 8361A volume control suggestions

I think that paragraph is weirdly worded. It feels like it's missing an "even". I think they meant to write it as "Even when the digital audio source can adjust level, it is advantageous to lower the output level of the 8361A using the rear panel controls or the GLM Master Fader" You are...
  14. Olius

When I bought my 8351Bs the dealer included the GLM kit free of charge. No remote though.
  15. Olius

B&W 800D4 series

No, I think what @richard12511 means is that the bigger the size difference between the tweeter and midwoofer, the bigger the directivity error. If the tweeter was waveguided to match the dispersion of the midwoofer, the size of the midwoofer wouldn't matter as much.
  16. Olius

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

Post #3 in this thread: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/give-me-your-opinion-on-my-listening-impressions.25346/ Was it the one you were thinking of?
  17. Olius

Genelec 8341A spinorama and measurements

You didn’t miss anything, I got them very recently and I haven’t updated my original thread about it yet since I still need to take a good picture :) My impressions so far: Compared to Genelec M040 there are a few things that are very noticeable: They play lower. the M040s got to around 40Hz...
  18. Olius

Genelec 8341A spinorama and measurements

I carefully poked my 8351Bs to check, ring 2 seems to have something to do with the tweeter grille, ring 1 is soft and appears to be the suspension for the mid driver.
  19. Olius

Kii Audio's "Three": Let me know if you would like to see it reviewed

As far as I understand it, the Klippel NFS analyses the sound field emanating from the speaker in all directions. The Kii Three uses cancellation to achieve directional dispersion further down in the frequency range. But what's measured is more or less the sum of the speaker's drivers working...
  20. Olius

Items submitted for Review

@Mountain Goat Has sent in a MOTU UltraLite Mk5 for review. This one I'm very interested in.
Top Bottom